View Single Post - Your Help is Needed in Uwharrie National Forest |
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 04-19-2016, 01:18 PM Thread Starter

Your Help is Needed in Uwharrie National Forest

I am writing to ask for your help with an important issue that effects anyone who enjoys the off highway vehicle trails in Uwharrie National Forest. I am the Media Director, Administrator for Friends of Uwharrie, a non-profit organization that helps facilitate volunteers and funding of this public trail system.

In the past few years leading to present day, we've seen a big rise in the number of ATV/Dirt bike riders on our trail system which is both a positive and a negative. Myself, I ride a Honda 250 and wheel full sized Land Cruisers on this trail system.

We are having problems with getting all user groups to respect the trail system and the rules that must be followed in order to keep this system open. As with Tellico Plains in Tennessee, our trail system is now in danger of closure due to environmental impact. I am asking you to educate your groups and clubs on trail etiquette, laws and the need to respect the trail.

We are having trouble making people stay on the designated routes and off of roadways unless licensed. Each time a barrier is breached, repairs are made and the damage around the barrier to the environment is studied by an archaeologist. With each breach, this system is getting closer to closure. I've created a brochure that explains the rules of this system, please email if you would like a copy. I tried posting and was unable to do so. A second resource that is a great tool is where riders can take an online awareness course for free. Please share this information with your riders. Together, we can keep this system open!

Please visit to follow current events and issues on this system or to volunteer.

Thank you for your time and effort,

Robin Touw, FOU Media/Admin

Last edited by Robtouw; 04-19-2016 at 01:22 PM.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to

Related pages

seized engine symptomscranyape2003 yamaha raptor 660 specsatv battery voltagelt250r top speedhonda accord camshaft22-10-10 tirescost of mounting tires3in lift tacomawww.xtreme-toyz.comsilent exhaustteam alba racing exhaustbest all around atv tirespool lockeritpwheels26 inch atv tires2001 honda 400ex price30 zilla tires1985 honda 250r 3 wheeleryamaha blaster dg exhausthonda atc three wheelerhonda 400ex nerf bars2000 honda foreman 450 esplowing tipsbest atv hand warmersatv rear seatfixing cracks in plasticss wheels for atvhonda scotifour wheelers going through mudmile marker atv winch400ex graphics kitsatv scoop bucket86 350xcf moto side by side reviewsrice burner hondarenegade vs outlanderexecutioner tires reviewextended receiver hitchused honda trx450rhonda pilot long travelnada atvspendry powder coatingjb weld plastic weldoutlaw highlifterhonda rancher 350 oil filter200cc atv top speed250 honda odysseystopgap floorboardsatv wagon plans2000 honda rancher parts250sx atcyamaha breeze for salepolaris sportsman 500 winch mountfmf powercore 4 quiet insertatv snorkel kitsraptor 660r plastics220 kawasaki bayoupowermax winch2001 sportsman 5002012 honda rincon 680 pricezilla maxxismorehead ky topix forumhonda trx 450 partsatv houstonbent exhaust valvehonda rancher 350 fenders400ex racinghonda rincon winchatv magazinesxtr250lightest atv tireshonda 2 stroke 4 wheelerltz400 exhaust1988 honda 300 fourtrax partshonda electrical problems2003 honda rancher specsgearbox drain plug2 up atvs