stihl weed eater starts but dies - Page 3 | cvetitula.ru
Around The Garage Off-Topic conversations here!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-16-2012, 10:47 AM Thread Starter

Liked: 1 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadetree View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by yamahasucks View Post
Quote:
most weed eatters have 2 fuel lines comming from the gas tank..one is a fuel supply..the other is a return fuel line...what gas dosen't get burnt from the carb..get'sumped back into the gas tank.
this one only has one line and i tried new lines but it did the same thing
then i would say you put the diaphram in the carb wrong..because these 2 stroke carbs use vaccum to draw gas from the tank.
i dont think i put a diaphragm in wrong,this thing was running perfect until put away for the season then it did exactly what its doing now so im really not sure im about to give this thing the boot

2004 400ex

yoshimura slip on
uni filter
426 kit
moose bars
dg bumper
msr clutch
itp c-series rims
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-16-2012, 10:58 AM
Super Moderator
Supporting Member

Liked: 2447 times
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

this one only has one line and i tried new lines but it did the same thing
then i would say you put the diaphram in the carb wrong..because these 2 stroke carbs use vaccum to draw gas from the tank.
i dont think i put a diaphragm in wrong,this thing was running perfect until put away for the season then it did exactly what its doing now so im really not sure im about to give this thing the boot
welllllllll..if it set up all year long ???..lol..then it's time to clean the carb....it does not take long for any carb to get stopped up..psec with todays ethanol in todays gas.

'89 trx350D foreman 4x4...'85 vf700c magna, '03 trx450fm foreman 4x4, 2015 Yamaha waverunner fx cruiser ho, '08 vt750c2 shadow spirit
post #23 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-16-2012, 11:18 AM Thread Starter

Liked: 1 times
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
welllllllll..if it set up all year long ???..lol..then it's time to clean the carb....it does not take long for any carb to get stopped up..psec with todays ethanol in todays gas.
there was no gas in the carb lol, i took the carb apart again and it was clean as a whistle i know its probably something stupid im overlooking but i just cant find the problem

2004 400ex

yoshimura slip on
uni filter
426 kit
moose bars
dg bumper
msr clutch
itp c-series rims
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-16-2012, 12:06 PM

Ok here it is, I kno it sounds unlikely but listen anyway, the carb on these is the same as an ms200t. And anyone who has worked on stihl before knows that the carb can crack, I have replaced countless carbs before, had them come in with the talk of, it was running fine last year, and, I just don't get it I put all new parts in the carb.

I have worked on sthil for years, I'm new to quads but not sthil. The crack is a fine one that appears between the diahgram and the main jet housing port, it will open up when the engine gets warm, should be able to see it under a mag glass, but it will appear fine, almost like a scratch mark, I have used a small gas touch to open it up better before.

It's unlikely that storing upright will damage anything, 2 strokes are designed to work any way up, had 4 brush cutters come in 2 weeks ago, they were stored engine down in a basement and it flooded so all the engines were full of water, just blew the water out and they all ran perfectly.

If you were to search ms200t carb problems on google there is thousands of people with the problem.

It is the only complaint I have from stihl all there machines are fine but they picked the cheapest maker for the carbs and they are made with inferior metals.
post #25 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-16-2012, 12:06 PM

Oh and if there no fuel in carb is the pre pump working ok, no cracks in it allowing air thro?
post #26 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-16-2012, 12:11 PM
Super Moderator
Supporting Member

he shoulda bought a weed eater brand !..lmfaoooo..i've had really good luck with them..i've got one of the very first gas powered weed eaters..got it back in the late 70's ??..all i've done to it sinse i bought it..was replace the fuel lines..damn thing still runs today !..lol.

'89 trx350D foreman 4x4...'85 vf700c magna, '03 trx450fm foreman 4x4, 2015 Yamaha waverunner fx cruiser ho, '08 vt750c2 shadow spirit
post #27 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-16-2012, 12:21 PM
Super Moderator
Supporting Member

as for sthil ?????..they say maybe the best selling brand on the market ???????..but they can kiss my you know what !!!!!!!!!!..lol. after my chain saw died..( after 25 years of use ! ) i was talked into buying a sthil..said..oh you will love it !..yeah..right..lol..spent 400 bucks on a top of the line sthil..got maybe 5 min's of cutting out of it..first..the carbide chain dulled..then the mufler caught the damn plastic on fire !!!!..ohhhhhhh i was pizzzzzed !!!..took it back to the sthil dealer where i bought it..they sent it off to be fixed under warranty..got it back in about a week...went to use it..same damn thing !!!!!!..i'm like..wtf makes a chain saw with the damn muffler pointing towards plastic in the first place ????????. i went to take it back..and ask for my money back..and the sob's would not give me my money back !!!!!..damn right i cursed them out !!!..i said...you can take this freaking sob chain saw...and stick it where the sun don't shine !!!..lol. ( and no..i did not leave my 400 dollar saw there ! )..sooooo..sthil....can kiss my ass !..i'd rather use a mcultch ( they ain't spelled right ..i know ! )..i'm too pissed as i type this to go look it up !..lmfaoooo. to this day..that 400 dollar paper weight is right where i put it...ON THE DAMN SHELF !!..LOL.

post #28 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-16-2012, 12:39 PM

Liked: 29 times
Did you take off the plastic intake manifold behind the carb when you had it apart? There is probably one paper gasket on either side of it, one on the carb end, the other between the plastic manifold and engine itself. (they used allot of different carb models on these things) If you look at the plastic intake manifold you should see a fuel groove into it that goes around the outer edge of it that the fuel enters from the bottom of the carb from the fuel pump diaphragm up to the top of the carb to where it goes through the hole you'll see at the end off the groove into the engine. The paper gasket between those two parts has two holes in it to let the fuel in at the bottom, with a channel in the gasket to follow the groove on the intake and back out again at the top to go into the cylinder. If it's torn, or like you said something easy and was put in backwards blocking the fuel passageway it would be one place to look.(more or less make sure all the gasket holes are lined up with the manifold holes, and no rips in the gaskets)
The fuel does pump on vacuum, you could try this to narrow down your issue. Take off the fuel tank and remove the in tank fuel line with the filter on the end of it,(that way the fuel will run on gravity and not vacuum) leave the fuel cap off, and see if the fuel then flows out of the fuel line that goes to the carb,let it flow into a can or something.(If it doesn't flow with the inside tank line off, and the fuel cap off, the fuel shut off valve is plugged, if it has one) if it does flow fuel reattach the line to the carb without the inside fuel line on so it will flow into the carb and fuel pump diaphrahm, and see if it then pumps any fuel up to the intake at the top of the carb. If it does then you know the problem still is either in the tank cap itself is not venting, or the fuel line in the tank is plugged or is cracked or has holes in it, or the filter on the end of line is plugged, or its not creating enough vacuum when you crank the engine over causing it not to draw any fuel.
If the in-tank line and filter and fuel valve, and carb gaskets checks out fine and you still have no vacuum making it pump fuel on its own, and no fire at that point check the compression on the cylinder. Although it was running before this issue, it is possible to have a cracked gasket in the cylinder itself giving it an air leak and losing compression so that it won't create enough vacuum to draw any fuel. I do not know the recommended psi on that engine, as stihl doesn't give much information online as far as a repair manual goes. It should have at least 90 psi or so, and it should run, and it is running when you squirt fuel, so I'm hoping to rule out any internal engine issues, and you'll be able to find that it's still just a carburetor issue.

05 Suzuki DR650, Mikuni TM40 flatslide pumper carb,JE 10.5:1 piston,stage 2#190 Webcam,open airbox, Twin Air,full FMF system,Pingel fuel valve,Ricor Racing rear shock, Ricor Racing fork Intiminators, Progressive springs, Sargeant seat,DRZ250 tailight,custom plate,LED's,GPS,sumo fender,PT bars,Cycra brushguards IMS lowered pegs, aluminum skid,bearing chain roller,Pirelli,tank bag(gone)

06 Zuk KQ700, Kenda Bearclaw HTR radials Warn RT25 w/ syn. line, 1.5mm clutch shims
post #29 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-16-2012, 02:01 PM

i have one that did that try adjusting the throttle i did that on a 110 and it works better now.

09 Honda recon 250es dunlop tires, gun racks
09 Honda Foreman 500es kenda executioners
2013 honda rincon 680 kfi winch
2004 400ex white bros exhaust dg bumper race cut plastics ac nerf bars k and n filter houser a arms
post #30 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-17-2012, 10:36 PM

Gas flap in the carb could be stuck open a little bit, and that's all it takes little to much gas at once will kill it, buy a carb kit easiest way around the problem, About 45 bucks or less for a kit, that will fix the problem 100% sure. All it takes is a dried out seal to make it act up.

Lower Navigation
Go Back cvetitula.ru > Honda ATV Discussions > Around The Garage

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the cvetitula.ru forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode