2014 Polaris Sportsman 570 - Page 2 | cvetitula.ru
Around The Garage Off-Topic conversations here!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 43 (permalink) Old 12-12-2013, 10:17 PM

Liked: 1481 times
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdp View Post
My boss Daves 650 is the same way I dont like it, but it goes.
Yeah I was pretty concerned about the battery placement on them when I bought my 800. But after 3 years of abuse it never had a single issue.

2015 Honda Rubicant FM7
- 27" Bighorn 2.0's
- Powermadd Handguards
- ODI Grips

2016 Can-am Renegade 1000R XMR
- 31x11" Outlaws
- NPP Dual Dominators
- Monster Power Tuner + Autotune
- ECM Reflash
- TheBOM Mag+ Cams
- TwinAir Air filter
- Delrin Motor Mounts
- Aluminum Valve Covers
- Gorilla Through Shaft
- TigerTail
- Amsteel Synthetic Winch rope
- Cecco Racing Steering Stem Brace
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 43 (permalink) Old 12-12-2013, 10:21 PM
jdp

Liked: 111 times
I thought so, I cant believe the winch contactor on his is out in the mud, RT25.

1993 Honda 300

Seafoam "In every tank"

Mobil1 4T 10w-40 (great stuff)

Superwinch Terra 35/synthetic rope, KFI winch Mount.

AMS Swampfox front 23x8x11, GBC dirt devils 25x12x9 rear.

Diehard Gold lawn tractor battery in rear storage box.

"Go prepared even if you think you don't need it".
post #13 of 43 (permalink) Old 12-12-2013, 10:22 PM
jdp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manny View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdp View Post
If their was a canned ham in a garage of Honda atvs they wouldnt run until the canned ham was gone.
Thats your opinion.
Just a harmless joke LOL

1993 Honda 300

Seafoam "In every tank"

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 43 (permalink) Old 12-12-2013, 10:34 PM
Banned

Liked: 51 times
JB just bought one. My friend Jim took him to get it. Jim seemed concerned about the battery location. But the 570 turns 30" Zillas stock like no tomorrow. And JB goes thru anything he wants. All he runs is Zilla tires. Even when he had a 1000 Renegade he had 30" Zillas. We are trying to talk him into getting real mud tires not all terrains but he won't budge. But so far the 570 has held up very nice to the abuse. In my opinion for the money its a great value! But as time goes on I want to see how it holds up.
post #15 of 43 (permalink) Old 12-13-2013, 09:05 AM Thread Starter

Liked: 29 times
My biggest issue that I have seen with the Polaris is the AWD system. While it is a simple system I have witnessed it be an issue. I followed my friend and his wife on their new 850xp quads through a mud hole. It was an curved section about 2ft. deep of water with a greasy bottom with a steep outside banking. I was in normal 3 wheel drive mode and was having no issues,,and diff lock to back me up if needed. The Polaris in front of me spun the rear tires, the AWD engaged and all of a sudden he couldn't control the atv. It wouldn't steer and he went straight up the side of the banking and tipped it over onto its side in front of me. Of course I jumped into the water quickly to get that machine off of him,,,good reason never to ride alone,,lol! I guess I know what happened, because if I use diff lock to get out of a situation they are hard to steer and tend to push, which is what I believe happened. It's just an observation though, I did enjoy the atv allot when I rode it myself,,lots of power being the 850xp! I also noticed that they had too much steering assist at low speed, and you seemed to lose the feel that you need for the terrain. I'm sure if i owned one I would get used to how they work in short order, but I still think they are a decent machine that has come a long ways for the money. I have been eyeballing the SXS 570LE edition myself. I like the 50" width for where I live, and it has turf mode also for riding around your property and not tearing it up doing yard work.

05 Suzuki DR650, Mikuni TM40 flatslide pumper carb,JE 10.5:1 piston,stage 2#190 Webcam,open airbox, Twin Air,full FMF system,Pingel fuel valve,Ricor Racing rear shock, Ricor Racing fork Intiminators, Progressive springs, Sargeant seat,DRZ250 tailight,custom plate,LED's,GPS,sumo fender,PT bars,Cycra brushguards IMS lowered pegs, aluminum skid,bearing chain roller,Pirelli,tank bag(gone)

06 Zuk KQ700, Kenda Bearclaw HTR radials Warn RT25 w/ syn. line, 1.5mm clutch shims
post #16 of 43 (permalink) Old 12-13-2013, 09:18 AM
jdp

Turf mode???? That's what Daves Ranger 800 has and I hate it. 1 wheel drive it stinks. I would rather have full 2wd for just running around.

1993 Honda 300

Seafoam "In every tank"

post #17 of 43 (permalink) Old 12-13-2013, 09:51 AM

Liked: 7 times
Thats the great thing JD, they can have 1wd, 2wd, 3wd, or 4wd with the push of a button. Can't get much more flexible than that, lol.

I like the idea of this new engine and it does seem to pump out the power. I'd really like to take one for a spin some time or even the 570 rzr.

I've always been a fan of the midsize atvs, my preferred machine over the big bores when in the woods.

Whatever is currently in one piece... 400 prairie with stuff, 300 fourtrax, 500 sportsman, yz 125...
post #18 of 43 (permalink) Old 12-13-2013, 10:38 AM

Liked: 1270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stu5969 View Post
My biggest issue that I have seen with the Polaris is the AWD system. While it is a simple system I have witnessed it be an issue. I followed my friend and his wife on their new 850xp quads through a mud hole. It was an curved section about 2ft. deep of water with a greasy bottom with a steep outside banking. I was in normal 3 wheel drive mode and was having no issues,,and diff lock to back me up if needed. The Polaris in front of me spun the rear tires, the AWD engaged and all of a sudden he couldn't control the atv. It wouldn't steer and he went straight up the side of the banking and tipped it over onto its side in front of me. Of course I jumped into the water quickly to get that machine off of him,,,good reason never to ride alone,,lol! I guess I know what happened, because if I use diff lock to get out of a situation they are hard to steer and tend to push, which is what I believe happened. It's just an observation though, I did enjoy the atv allot when I rode it myself,,lots of power being the 850xp! I also noticed that they had too much steering assist at low speed, and you seemed to lose the feel that you need for the terrain. I'm sure if i owned one I would get used to how they work in short order, but I still think they are a decent machine that has come a long ways for the money. I have been eyeballing the SXS 570LE edition myself. I like the 50" width for where I live, and it has turf mode also for riding around your property and not tearing it up doing yard work.
well I don';t want to turn this into a bash on your buddy's riding skills, but as far as I am conserned, if an atv gets away on you as you describe it did to him, I say that's rider driving skills issue's
there is a throttle and a brake, that can control how fast an atv goes
knowing how to use them, is a learning curve maybe but, if your flipping the atv ovcer on yourself, its?? maybe time to re think owning a 850, that can get you in trouble a lot faster than say a smaller bike
just cause you can afford"X" doen't mean you have the skills to ride it!
Just saying
as for this atv, I think its a about the right size and power range for a good all around ATV, I am not a polaris fan, but I am not a basher of them either
most ATV's made today are pretty decent, all have pro's and con's
post #19 of 43 (permalink) Old 12-13-2013, 11:35 AM

Liked: 2 times
Turf mode makes for a great turning radius also. Especially on big rangers

2012 Foreman
Ricochet Offroad full skid plate
Honda third headlight switch
Honda rear rack bag
Moose reciever hitch
12" ITP SS316s
26-9-12
26-12-12 maxxis bighorns
Kolpin heated grips
post #20 of 43 (permalink) Old 12-13-2013, 12:49 PM
jdp

When I think of a work veheicle I think of the rear wheels locked in all the time then when I have 4wd I've got it. LOL but thats just me

1993 Honda 300

Seafoam "In every tank"

Lower Navigation
Go Back cvetitula.ru > Honda ATV Discussions > Around The Garage

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the cvetitula.ru forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode