good bungee cords | cvetitula.ru
Around The Garage Off-Topic conversations here!

1Likes
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-04-2015, 07:17 PM Thread Starter

good bungee cords

What brand of bungee cords do you guys use? I have one that I have used for years and it is still good but I don't know the brand. I also have some that I bought a year or two ago from Orschlens and they are junk. I also bought some at Wally World and they haven't held up either. Anybody have any good ones that last?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-04-2015, 08:06 PM
Super Moderator
Supporting Member

Liked: 1465 times
I found some VERY good ones made by Master Lock. (Look on Amazon.)
Jeepwm69 likes this.

USFS Motorized Trail Maintenance Volunteer
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-04-2015, 08:09 PM

Liked: 1481 times
Garage
I buy the rubber ones. the corded ones are garbage. I think most I have are 24" but I have a couple that look longer.

2015 Honda Rubicant FM7
- 27" Bighorn 2.0's
- Powermadd Handguards
- ODI Grips

2016 Can-am Renegade 1000R XMR
- 31x11" Outlaws
- NPP Dual Dominators
- Monster Power Tuner + Autotune
- ECM Reflash
- TheBOM Mag+ Cams
- TwinAir Air filter
- Delrin Motor Mounts
- Aluminum Valve Covers
- Gorilla Through Shaft
- TigerTail
- Amsteel Synthetic Winch rope
- Cecco Racing Steering Stem Brace
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-05-2015, 04:50 AM

Liked: 7 times
I always pick up mine from a truck stop, and like Mac I use the rubber ones, the others are junk IMO.

2014 Four Trax Foreman
26" Mud Rebels
2500# Warn winch
8" LED light bars

2001 Polaris Explorer
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-05-2015, 06:19 AM

Liked: 2432 times
Garage
Bungie cords is something I know a little about from having boats, there are some pitiful cords out there that won't last 1/2 of a season, the best ones I have ever had come from the marine supply house that supplies fishermen, you will pay more for them but it is worth it, you buy the material by the foot and use stainless steel ends, you don't need to do anything to the ends but I use the hog ring pliers and crimp the ends off, a couple of wraps of string will suffice ----------- the black material ( not rubber ) ones in a plastic container at Home Depot are not bad, they last 2-3 seasons if you leave them in the sun, it is best to relieve the pressure when not in use and in the sun
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-05-2015, 08:57 AM

Liked: 904 times
Yep, the walmart rubber ones I had cracked and broke in a matter of a few weeks. Have some that are 20 years old that still hold fine around the house. I'll try the Master Lock ones Kento recommended.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-05-2015, 02:12 PM

Liked: 4 times
Any truck supply store, black rubber ones, available from 9 in to 36 in. All black rubber ones are not equal either the ones with squared off shoulders are pretty much junk.
You can also get rubber rope and put the ends on yourself, like someone mentioned, but unless you need special lengths it is not really worth it.

There is a reason you never see the junk colored round ones on a truck going down the interstate.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-17-2015, 02:39 PM

Heavy Duty truck parts stores. All truck dealerships. Tarp stores who make up tarps. These are the good ones! Like the man said,"you don't see wimpy ones on tractor trailers going down the interstate!
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-17-2015, 03:09 PM

Liked: 343 times
Real rubber ones that like most people said above that are at truck stops.. Not that synthetic rubber sh!t ones at wallmart I could make a better bungee cord out of a Trojan condom than them piles of crap...
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-17-2015, 03:33 PM

Liked: 1 times
I'm going to try these for my new Foreman... anyone use them?
Polyurethane Bungee Cord with Molded Nylon Hooks

Lower Navigation
Go Back cvetitula.ru > Honda ATV Discussions > Around The Garage

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the cvetitula.ru forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode