B 12 Chemtool | cvetitula.ru
ATV General Discussion General Discussions about Honda ATVs.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-17-2011, 05:51 PM Thread Starter

B 12 Chemtool

I was told that a small amount of B12 Chemtool in the fuel tank will help to clean the carb. Anybody ever tried this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-17-2011, 06:16 PM

Liked: 7 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreambrew View Post
I was told that a small amount of B12 Chemtool in the fuel tank will help to clean the carb. Anybody ever tried this?
Not even close to a proper cleaning, if that's what you are asking. But many people use it in their car gas tanks. Not me, simply because it has acetone in it. Or at least it did. Maybe I should go out there and check it again. Acetone will eat rubber.

If you have a dirty carb, and you add seafoam to it, it will help to remove the varnish on it, but it could also loosen it up and put it in your jets to get stopped up.

That's just my opinion, I say, pull it and clean it.

> Click Here for Answers to Cleaning, Compression, Jetting, Carb Issues, Model Specific problems etc.

>> Click Here to Download your Service/Repair Manual

1996 TRX300FW - ITP Mudlites Warn XT25 (Current Project)
2001 Suzuki LT A50
2003 TRX300EX
2006 Polaris Sportsman 90 - 2 inch lift
2006 TRX250EX - Maxxis Razrs
2007 Suzuki King Quad 700 4x4 - ITP Mudlite XL
2008 TRX450ER - No Lid, HRC Kit, 162 Main, 45 pilot, 55 leak jet

post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-17-2011, 07:35 PM

Liked: 1 times
i agree with my5sons pull it and clean it.I wish there was a bottle of stuff you could pour in your tank and BAM your carb. is clean
Lou
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-17-2011, 08:53 PM

's Avatar

i ran some racing fuel through a old honda and it ran good took it out of a old barn changed oils
is offline
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-17-2011, 08:56 PM
Super Moderator
Supporting Member

Liked: 454 times
Garage
Agree 110 octane cleans her right up. Unless its a really dirty carb then it just clogs up the jets.

07 416ex
To many mods to list in signature(ran out of space lol)

Check out garage for full list
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-17-2011, 09:08 PM

Liked: 19 times
If you're looking for routine cleaning I would use seafoam, but if you're looking for a magic cleaner, there's not one.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-17-2011, 09:59 PM
Super Moderator
Supporting Member

Liked: 26 times
I agree ↑↑↑↑↑↑. There's really no substitute for removing the carb and giving it a good cleaning. If the carb is already stopped up, those cleaners may help sometimes, but usually not.

Most 4-wheeler problems are caused by a loose nut connecting the handlebars and the seat!!

You only need two tools in life -- WD-40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move and should, use the WD-40. If it shouldn't move and does, use the duct tape.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-17-2011, 10:29 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the feedback folks! I don't THINK the carb is really dirty since there are no acceleration or performance issues. When I let off the throttle the engine kinda backfires, not the loud bang, but the puh,puh, puh sound until it settles into idle speed. I'm a little nervous about pulling the carb since I've never messed with one before, but don't want to pay a mechanic and I have downloaded a service manual that shows the process. Is it difficult? Looks a little Scary.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-17-2011, 10:36 PM
Super Moderator
Supporting Member

Liked: 26 times
Yeah, it doesn't really sound like your carb needs cleaning, so if you wanted to use the carb cleaners/seafoam or whatever brand, it would probably be good preventive maintenance for your carb.

To me, it's not really too hard, but I've done it a lot. If you get a real dirty carb, sometimes it might take a couple times to get it clean.

Most 4-wheeler problems are caused by a loose nut connecting the handlebars and the seat!!

You only need two tools in life -- WD-40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move and should, use the WD-40. If it shouldn't move and does, use the duct tape.

Lower Navigation
Go Back cvetitula.ru > Honda ATV Discussions > ATV General Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the cvetitula.ru forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode