sunk 420 | cvetitula.ru
ATV General Discussion General Discussions about Honda ATVs.

26Likes
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-08-2017, 10:04 AM Thread Starter

sunk 420

i just bought a 2014 420 4x4 that is sunk, only has 500 miles on it and got a steal of a deal on it. I bought it from someone that i know and when he sunk it he brought it straight to my house and i drained the oil and pulled the spark plug and got the water out of the top end. Put new oil in it and went to start it to flush the motor and it wouldnt start i am pretty sure its a fueling issue because its getting air and spark. Ive fixed carb bikes that got sunk but never efi so this is a new area for me. im planning on changing the injector and fuel pump and draining the gas and cleaning the tank out but what else do yall think i should do, not to familiar with efi so looking for advice, thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-08-2017, 10:25 AM

Liked: 88 times
Water in fuel, drain tank and flush lines. Will take a few cycles of the key to pump water out of injector.
misterclean59 likes this.

2016 Honda Pioneer 1000-5 Deluxe White
-Stock

2008 Honda Rancher 420 4x4
Work in progress

1998 Honda Trx300 4x4
317 motor, 54% Gear Reduction, EBC Clutches, Big Red Rear End, 2.75" Stretch, 350D Clutch Cover, Oil Cooler, Foreman 450 Clutch, Disc Brake Kit, 29.5 OG Laws

1985 Honda Big Red 250 ATC
18% Reduction, 28" EDL

1986 Honda Fourtrax 125
-First ATV

1987 Honda Fourtrax 70
-Work in progress for my sons 3rd birthday

Sold
13 - Honda Trx300 4x4
post #3 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-08-2017, 10:26 AM

Liked: 47 times
unplug all connectors and spray with wd 40 and apply dielectric grease. it should fire off with a little starting fluid in the air box after a good cleaning if not damaged
misterclean59 likes this.

Work harder, millions on welfare depend on you.
16 Rancher 4x4, 12 T800XC, 14 DRZ 400s
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-08-2017, 10:36 AM Thread Starter

the plugs were all dielectric greased before he went riding, pretty sure the snorkle failed and thats what killed the bike but i am definitely flush the gas tank and worse case change injectors and fuel pump
post #5 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-08-2017, 10:59 AM

Liked: 888 times
I wouldn't replace anything just yet. Flush fuel system, including draining the fuel pump bowl, and unbolt the injector from the throttle body, cycle the key on and off a few times, pointing it away from you. It will spray some crappy water/fuel out each time you cycle the key on. Fill tank with fresh gas, and then reinstall the injector and try it.
Melatv, misterclean59 and retro like this.
post #6 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-08-2017, 11:03 AM Thread Starter

i did forget to mention that i did pull the injector out yesterday and turned the key on and off multiple times and all the injector did was spin and no gas came out, so im not sure about injectors because ive never had problems with my efi foreman yet so this is a learning curve. are the injectors supposed to spin, all i know is that the fuel pump is supposed to push gas to the injector and then spray the gas into the throttle body
post #7 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-08-2017, 11:23 AM
Super Moderator
Supporting Member

Liked: 2446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redhonda300 View Post
i did forget to mention that i did pull the injector out yesterday and turned the key on and off multiple times and all the injector did was spin and no gas came out, so im not sure about injectors because ive never had problems with my efi foreman yet so this is a learning curve. are the injectors supposed to spin, all i know is that the fuel pump is supposed to push gas to the injector and then spray the gas into the throttle body
the fuel injection on that atv does not spin, its operated from fuel pump pressure, no moving parts on the fuel injector.

'89 trx350D foreman 4x4...'85 vf700c magna, '03 trx450fm foreman 4x4, 2015 Yamaha waverunner fx cruiser ho, '08 vt750c2 shadow spirit
post #8 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-08-2017, 12:08 PM
Supporting Member

Liked: 722 times
Personal opinion here but I wouldn’t be starting it up for the first flush, I’d definitely have filled the motor with diesel and kicked it over a few times. I’d also put it in gear and push it around or drag it a little with another ATV.
Any grit/dirt will eat those bearings up inside faster than you can imagine. Flush, flush and flush again before starting.

Have you checked fuel pressure? Is the fuel pump working, can you feel/hear it?

98 300 Fourtrax 4x4

350D rear end
Trx250a cam
Rear brake delete
SuperATV front discs
2" suspension lift
1 front fender lift
1 rear fender lift
2" wheel spacers
Superwinch up front (custom mount)
Plasma (synthetic) rope
Pro Grip bar grips
Pro grip hand guards
1 1/2" bar risers
Floor boards
Custom snorkel
Extended silicone breathers
24"x 8" innova mud gears up front
24"x10" innova mud gears on rear
Custom rear tow point

85 TRX250 - The Wifes ride
No mods whatsoever.
post #9 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-08-2017, 01:04 PM Thread Starter

I am gonna go home and check all that and shake it around and see what happens. I hear the fuel pump engaging but doesnt sound quite as loud as i think it should.
post #10 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-08-2017, 01:40 PM

Liked: 888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redhonda300 View Post

That's not the injector. That's the IACV (Idle air control valve). It spins when you turn the key off. Basically a choke for the EFI machines.

Follow the fuel line to where it goes into the throttle body. That's the injector. IIRC there are two 8MM bolts holding it in place.
Melatv and retro like this.

Lower Navigation
Go Back cvetitula.ru > Honda ATV Discussions > ATV General Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the cvetitula.ru forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode