Buying a new battery |
ATV General Discussion General Discussions about Honda ATVs.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-14-2011, 09:22 AM Thread Starter

Liked: 1 times
Buying a new battery

Looks like I better change out my battery before hunting season. A new one for my 2007 Rancher (420 cc) will run about $90 from my Honda dealership.

Do any of you buy ATV batteries from a different source that you would recommend?

Thanks for any help!
Sponsored Links

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-14-2011, 09:32 AM

Liked: 170 times
The one at the dealer is probably a Yuasa? They are the oem batteries for about every manufacturer.

I've used these MotoPower batteries from Rocky Mountain ATV in the past with no issues. Looks like the one for your Rancher is about $55 and sealed so you don't have to add the acid yourself.

I've owned many Hondas over the years, with 2, 3 and 4 wheels.
Im always buying and selling projects and parts
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-14-2011, 09:46 AM
Super Moderator
Supporting Member

Liked: 2450 times
i've had good luck with ever start batteries from wally world, just make sure you get the agm batteries..they hold up really good..and no acid to install. as for a battery lasting..every battery has it's good points..and bad points..if you maintain them..they will last..if you don't...well..then your gonna find yourself buying another one before long. i bought a battery for my jet ski from wally world....come winter season..i pull it in my shed..i leave it on a trickle charger all winter long..come spring time..i put it in..and it has not let me down yet.

'89 trx350D foreman 4x4...'85 vf700c magna, '03 trx450fm foreman 4x4, 2015 Yamaha waverunner fx cruiser ho, '08 vt750c2 shadow spirit
Sponsored Links

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-14-2011, 12:03 PM

i bought one from wally world for my 400 ex almost three years ago and no problems .got too get one for my raptor wally world dont have one but autozone does for 40 bucks. if you want to save money and look around i do an sometimes it pays off.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-14-2011, 12:42 PM

Liked: 7 times
I bought a motobatt off amazon, more capacity and cranking amps to run all my winter gear, starts better in cold weather too...

Whatever is currently in one piece... 400 prairie with stuff, 300 fourtrax, 500 sportsman, yz 125...
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-14-2011, 02:54 PM

Liked: 10 times
what ever you get buy a battery tender, around $50 comes with a pig tail you connect to your battery and just leave it there then all you have to do is plug it in when you get done riding and your good to go the next time.

recently sold 07 TRX 450ER 14/1 CP piston/ +1 valves intake & exhaust/ 208 web cam/ High Rev valve springs/ potred & polished/bored carb by DASA/ DASA Classic exhaust / Leagers +2 MX Lt a-arms/ Ohlins Lt front & Fox Podium X DSC Rear shock and LSR DC-6 linkage/LSR duel row carrier/ lsr Axcaliber Pro axle/ Pro Armor skid & rear bumper/ Hiper Bead locks/ Quadcross Pro's/ Houser +1 stem/ Precision stablizer / Pro Taper Fat bars/ ASV levers/ Quadtech hump seat. My trail ride is a 07 GRIZZLY 700 !
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-14-2011, 03:12 PM

Had to get one for the 300 when I got it and had to get a new one for the 90 this summer also,bought both at Advance Auto.Haven't had any problems with the recon,of course it gets rode in the winter about as much as the summer.

There's no excuses for riding a HONDA,only REASONS!

96 TRX300FW
Upgrade with 25" Dunlop tires w/12" rims from a 09 Foreman
Bought new in 07 and still going strong
06 TRX90
Bought new in 07 also still going strong
01 TRX250EX
Needs work,maybe I'll get around to fixing it one of these days
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-15-2011, 06:23 AM

Autozone started to cary the AGM battery's and they are about the same price your going to pay for the standard battery from Honda
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-16-2011, 06:51 AM
Super Moderator
Supporting Member

Ive had good luck with the Wal Mart batteries.

My Rides
2002 F-250 4x4
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-19-2011, 07:32 PM

I've also had good luck with the agm batteries from walmart. Used them on street bikes, enduro's, quads...never had a problem.

Lower Navigation
Go Back > Honda ATV Discussions > ATV General Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode