GPS tracking? | cvetitula.ru
ATV General Discussion General Discussions about Honda ATVs.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-28-2012, 02:08 AM Thread Starter

GPS tracking?

Hey all ... I was hoping you might share some insight about GPS tracking options available for ATVs.

We had a 2004 Rancher AT that someone stole from a hotel parking lot earlier this year and replaced it yesterday with a 2012 Rincon. It's not leaving this house til it's chipped, but I honestly don't know where to start.

Can someone offer some direction? My sincere thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-28-2012, 10:21 AM

Liked: 2 times
I dont know how to install it, but at work we sell LoJak gps tracking devices for skid steers and excavators. ive heard thats the way to go.

2011 Rancher 420 FPM
AMS Swamp fox tires
Stearns rear rack bag
Superwinch Terra 25
Moose rear bumper
Fuse powersports trailer hitch
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-12-2014, 03:31 PM

Hi everyone there, I just want to know where is the 3 best places to install any GPS on a Honda fourwheeler or in any ATV including Razors too?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-12-2014, 04:33 PM

Lo-Jack systems cost about $600-700 last time I looked. Have you considered a very durable hard mounting system? Things like the Kolpin guard dog and trailer dog ($120-150) will make it difficult for someone to steal them. I used one of their designs and built myself a more robust model. Thieves will need a hot saw to get mine.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-12-2014, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by banda0411 View Post
Hi everyone there, I just want to know where is the 3 best places to install any GPS on a Honda fourwheeler or in any ATV including Razors too?
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-12-2014, 08:15 PM

Liked: 101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banda0411 View Post

Sounds like he is trying to steal some and make sure they aren't tracked......

2016 Honda Pioneer 1000-5 Deluxe White
-Stock

2008 Honda Rancher 420 4x4
Work in progress

1998 Honda Trx300 4x4
317 motor, 54% Gear Reduction, EBC Clutches, Big Red Rear End, 2.75" Stretch, 350D Clutch Cover, Oil Cooler, Foreman 450 Clutch, Disc Brake Kit, 29.5 OG Laws

1985 Honda Big Red 250 ATC
18% Reduction, 28" EDL

1986 Honda Fourtrax 125
-First ATV

1987 Honda Fourtrax 70
-Work in progress for my sons 3rd birthday

Sold
13 - Honda Trx300 4x4
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-13-2014, 09:02 AM

Liked: 1 times
GPS tracking ha! Just wire it with C4. You may lose a machine, but there will be 1 less dirtbag in the world. And the word will get out, "dont mess with this guys machine"

• 08 Rancher es SRA
  • 2500# Mile Marker
  • AME Heated Grips
  • 25" Power Grips
  • ATVTEC Rear Bag
  • 08 Polaris 500efi
  • 2500# Mile Marker
  • 26" PXT Wheels
  • Polaris Rear Box
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-13-2014, 09:52 AM

Liked: 1288 times
well I don't think there is a ton of options for GPS tracking
LoJak is the only one I know of, and its NOT cheap to keep running
I would tell you IMO your way better off just getting full coverage insurance, and make sure you insure it RIGHT, covering all add on's and mod's you do
then IF someone does steal it, your covered
look at this way, even if you have LoJak, by the time you report it, they track it, you GET police to help you recover it
it could be parted out, beat the piss out of it, or?? and would you really want it back??
odds of cop's jumping on board FAST isn't always the case, and can lead to mroe down time, and more odds of it getting parted out!
IF you get directions to where its at, and go confront the people,. odds are your not going to be happy, and that increase's your odds of doing something that ends up getting YOU in trouble
I agree its a great thought to just go get it, and maybe deliver a little REAL justice LOL
BUT that sadly isn't the way our world works anymore
all that would happen more likly is you would get in trouble, sad but true!!
good old days of pay back, end up costing YOU more than them!!
too many camera's and Lawyers these days??
get good insurance, and sleep well at night!!
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-13-2014, 02:16 PM

Even if you get lo-jack they do not have coverage in every state and it isn't a GPS tracker. It is based off of VHF directional range finding. IMO just not worth it on an ATV that isn't going to be pounding pavement like a car or bike would.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-13-2014, 06:23 PM
Gold Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Liked: 2811 times
Garage
Yeah right, here are the three best places to hide a LoJack on a ATV ----that is a retarded question to ask on line if you were actually thinking of where to put it ! ------ my buddy went to the Saints game in his new $74,000 Big Ranch or what ever they call it Ford, it had LoJack and they never did see or hear from it again ----loJack is not fool proof

Lower Navigation
Go Back cvetitula.ru > Honda ATV Discussions > ATV General Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the cvetitula.ru forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode