chinese quad experience - Page 2 |
ATV General Discussion General Discussions about Honda ATVs.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-15-2013, 09:09 PM

Liked: 1474 times
I'm interested in what the CFMOTO bikes are like, they are chinese built but have CVTech clutches and Elka shocks.

2015 Honda Rubicant FM7
- 27" Bighorn 2.0's
- Powermadd Handguards
- ODI Grips

2016 Can-am Renegade 1000R XMR
- 31x11" Outlaws
- NPP Dual Dominators
- Monster Power Tuner + Autotune
- ECM Reflash
- TheBOM Mag+ Cams
- TwinAir Air filter
- Delrin Motor Mounts
- Aluminum Valve Covers
- Gorilla Through Shaft
- TigerTail
- Amsteel Synthetic Winch rope
- Cecco Racing Steering Stem Brace
Sponsored Links

post #12 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-15-2013, 09:13 PM

Liked: 2 times

Buddy, you may have had a lemon, I strongly disagree because I have a 125cc Tao Tao. I weight 170 pounds and the poor atv has seen its four tires off in the air many times and still running strong.

As long as you put Sea Foam on the tank every now and then, use some common sense about quality of gasoline, change the oil regularly, torqued/ locktyte all nuts and bolts, it will run without problems. Mine had a few issues at the beginning, nothing a little of basic mechanical skills could not fix. I have left it without even turning it on for two months (battery disconnected) and come back and after a few cranks, warm it up, and idles like a charm. Before I let my kids use it, I rode it like I stole it, and it held in one piece. Of course, it is a single speed automatic atv, it is NOT a sports high-end atv, and runs likes its suppose to. Has more than enough power for my son.

I got a neighbor who has one of those small ones, I think its 50 or 80 cc, and my goodness, the poor thing has been ridden by guys who weight 230 pounds. I hear them riding it back and forth on the woods near the house. All he has done to the atv was clean the carb, change the oil, and gasoline, and yes it is still running.

Make it clear it is your own personal opinion when posted stuff like this on the internet, besides you barely joined a few days ago, Join date: Mar 2013 and most of your posts are about bashing Tao Taos.

If anyone wants to buy a Tao Tao, feel free to PM me, glad to help and assist. For entry level atvs, say for your son/daughter, etc, I do recommend making the purchase. Locally they are sold and the store offers lifetime warranty to the original owner. Mine, I was about to sell it one day cause I was a little short on money, and my kids begged me not to sell it. I am glad I heard them, cause as they get older by the months and develop more trust riding an atv, it has brought many hours of enjoyment.

Last edited by crankestein; 03-15-2013 at 09:30 PM.
post #13 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-15-2013, 11:08 PM

I bought my daughter the same quad except in pink camo in february this year, she absolutely loves it. She has amazed me with how quick she picked up on it. Already went thru 1 full tank and almost the second tank. Got it and my 300 loaded right now for a trail ride in the morning. She's so excited she didn't want to go to bed.
Sponsored Links

post #14 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-16-2013, 12:17 AM

Liked: 24 times
I've owned a ton of china bikes and they've all turned out to be junk sooner then later.

06 Foreman 500 - 29.5 OG Laws, SS212s, 35%, Warn 2.5k, HL^2", <2.5">, EPI, HMF
95 Fourtrax 300 - 27" Zillas, SS212s, Viper 3k, HL^2"
04 XR80 - Stock
07CRF50 - Stock
post #15 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-16-2013, 01:31 AM
Super Moderator
Supporting Member

Liked: 55 times
They are what they are,lowest costing,very low quality,entry level learning machines,and IF,IF you disconnect the battery after each ride,keep Seafoam in every tankful of non ethanol gasoline,and pay attention to the hardware on them you can easily have a very low costing ride for a kid,beginner rider,or spare toy for a friend to ride..Most of them are based on Hondas forward cylinder 50,70,80,90cc engines from wayyy back in the day,and a lot of parts do swap out on the top ends of them on certain models,plus they can be hot rodded,and modded for dirt cheap,and easily....But if you buy one expecting it to perform as well as,or close to a Honda,then you're only fooling yourself,and hoping beyond hope,no they will NOT run as long,or as hard as a Honda,Yammerhey,Susizuki,Kowasuki,Pollock,or Canned ham,but none of those brands sell anything that cost as little as the knock off Chinese atvs do,and if one is willing to fork out as much for a highly marked up knockoff as the read deal,then they would be much better off forking it out on the real deal,and saving themselves a ton of time,energy,and grief...They are what they are,low cost,entry level machines which can provide many hours of entertainment for a young kid,or beginner rider...I have one for my 3 yr old daughter to learn on,and once I got it running after a hundred issues the po had on it,it runs like a scalded dog,or a top as long as I disconnect the battery,keep the fasteners tight,keep Seafoam in the gas,or the tank drained,and do not allow anyone to grind on the starter for long periods of time...

FREE REPAIR MANUALS >> 1986-1992 trx350 parts for sale>>

Last edited by Deeperinthabush; 03-16-2013 at 01:34 AM.
post #16 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-16-2013, 10:49 AM Thread Starter

you have the auto tao tao 125 i had the 3 speed tao tao 125 and from my research i just did the auto seems to be alot better than the 3 speed, i guess your right some are good and some are bad
post #17 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-16-2013, 11:59 AM

All I can say is my kids china bike runs great. While my expensive ass honda won't run right So explain that one
post #18 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-16-2013, 12:28 PM Thread Starter

im not saying there bad quads its just that the chinese quads quality are not even close to the quality as a yamaha honda kawasaki suzuki kymco arctic cat etc...
post #19 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-16-2013, 05:23 PM

Liked: 1 times
I have a 110 coolster I bought from my neighbor for 100 bux 3 yrs ago. I had to replace the stator and oil. We dog the hell out of it. I consider it disposable, if it breaks i got my moneys worth out of it
post #20 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-16-2013, 08:47 PM Thread Starter

idk maybe i just got a lemon

Lower Navigation
Go Back > Honda ATV Discussions > ATV General Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode