Reliable, Grizzy or Honda or Can-Am or Arctic Cat???? | cvetitula.ru
ATV General Discussion General Discussions about Honda ATVs.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-17-2013, 08:44 AM Thread Starter

Reliable, Grizzy or Honda or Can-Am or Arctic Cat????

Yamaha Grizzy or Honda Rubicon or Can-am or Arctic Cat or Suzuki?

Mine Honda 500cc Canadian Trail 12,300 KM. only 4x4 driveline shaft replace and replace battery. I heard Honda 450cc has 14,000? Has any hear any more than that ie: 20,000km or more???

My father has Quadmaster Suzuki 500 has over 14,000 km but frame body has little twist. Not safe for kids.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-17-2013, 09:32 AM

Liked: 83 times
There's a member on Honda Foreman.com who has over 16000 MILES on his 01 with no major trbl.

2011 Rubicon
25" Bear Claws HTR
KFI Stealth 2500 winch
ODI Rogue grips
Garmin 62s with Ram mount
2012 Polaris 400 H.O. ( Wife's)
25" Sedona Mud Rebels

2009 Yamaha 450 Grizzly(Son's)
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-17-2013, 11:24 AM

Liked: 29 times
I've read about many different atv makes running for many many miles. High mileage Honda's, Suzuki's, etc. Some models had less known troubles than others and that is where some forums with good info on many different models can be a help. Nyroc has a great tech tip section that breaks down many known issues from make to model and the fixes..I think it mostly comes down to maintenance and how it has been ridden.

Another interesting topic that could be added to your thread is where they are assembled,,I always thought that machines built in Japan were of the highest quality control standards, but many are now built here in the good old USA as well as Mexico. Here is a older read a couple of years old telling where some are made and could make some differences in long term,,but who knows.

05 Suzuki DR650, Mikuni TM40 flatslide pumper carb,JE 10.5:1 piston,stage 2#190 Webcam,open airbox, Twin Air,full FMF system,Pingel fuel valve,Ricor Racing rear shock, Ricor Racing fork Intiminators, Progressive springs, Sargeant seat,DRZ250 tailight,custom plate,LED's,GPS,sumo fender,PT bars,Cycra brushguards IMS lowered pegs, aluminum skid,bearing chain roller,Pirelli,tank bag(gone)

06 Zuk KQ700, Kenda Bearclaw HTR radials Warn RT25 w/ syn. line, 1.5mm clutch shims
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-17-2013, 01:50 PM

Liked: 1 times
I can tell you that between my Honda and Yamaha it is no question. The Honda has never left me stranded while the Yamaha has broken down many times. I carry a tow rope on the Honda all the time now so it can pull the Yamaha back. Can't speak for the other brands though.

Greg
League City, Texas
1994 Fourtrax 300 4X4
2006 Yamaha Grizzly 660 Special Edition
1991 Yamaha Big Bear 350
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-17-2013, 02:34 PM

Liked: 1481 times
Garage
I had more trouble out of my Hondas and my Yamaha Rhino then I did out of my Outlander. The Outlander had the biggest most agressive tires out of them all and was rode harder too.

2015 Honda Rubicant FM7
- 27" Bighorn 2.0's
- Powermadd Handguards
- ODI Grips

2016 Can-am Renegade 1000R XMR
- 31x11" Outlaws
- NPP Dual Dominators
- Monster Power Tuner + Autotune
- ECM Reflash
- TheBOM Mag+ Cams
- TwinAir Air filter
- Delrin Motor Mounts
- Aluminum Valve Covers
- Gorilla Through Shaft
- TigerTail
- Amsteel Synthetic Winch rope
- Cecco Racing Steering Stem Brace
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-17-2013, 07:18 PM

Liked: 64 times
The old Suzuki Quadrunners and Kingquads were the most reliable machine ever in my opinion. They always take you home one way or another. Different years had different quirks that could be discovered after awhile but with a little tweaking it'll always bring you home. Not to mention they are the bes ATV for working that has ever been built. Heavy, Bulletproof, Tough, Hgh Low Super Low, 2wd 4wd Diff Lock, Huge racks. It's all personal preference. I loved my Honda but my Suzuki has been really good to me and everybody I know that has one.

-2007 King Quad 450 (Work Horse)
-1984 Honda TRX200 (Donor)
-1989 Skidoo Mach 1 (Play Toy/Winter Headache)
-1966 Series IIA Land Rover (Major Project)
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-22-2013, 10:41 AM

Grizzlies are hard to beat, and quite honestly if I was spending money on a utility it would be one of them or a Kawasaki Brute Force. What I really like about the Griz is the diff-lock feature and fully independent suspension. My old man has a 03 he bought new and never had any issues with it over the past 10 years, just regular oil changes; and it has been through lots of tough rides.

2002 Honda 400EX, all stock
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-22-2013, 09:36 PM

I can't say personally that my Honda is better than anything else I've owned because its my first quad besides a small 110 I had wen I was little. But it's treated me well so far. I know alot of ppl with artic cats who have problems. And twice as much with Polaris. My local Atv mechanic will work on anything beside an artic cat and Polaris. I took my Honda to him today and all he had was Hondas In his shop. Not a Kawasaki or Yamaha. But Yamaha would be my 2nd choice over the rest.

2005 Honda Recon aka "The Gremlin", Game Winner rack, Saddle Bag, Fender bag, and insulated hand guards. Journey p341's up front and GBC Dirt Devils on the rear. 300 Fourtrax Progressive 512 shock on the rear.

2003 Honda Rancher ES. All stock for now. Only 150 hours when bought in Aug '13
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-22-2013, 11:33 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DogRunner2 View Post
There's a member on Honda Foreman.com who has over 16000 MILES on his 01 with no major trbl.
16000 miles that would be 25749 km, that is unbelievable.

My friend who has Grizzy has problem called vapor lock and fixed. And as of now he has other problem with carburetor. Need to be fixed before going to riding atv trail next week. Grizzy has weak part is heat as no way for heat to escape because of body cover enclosed that heat make vapor lock happen.
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-22-2013, 11:33 PM

My 1987 yamaha 350 moto 4 has always been very reliable and never really had to maney problems, the only thing ive done to it is clean the carb out a couple times and baught a few new batteries over the maney years of owning it. In my opinion and experience, yamaha is one of the most reliable quads out there, and trust me when i tell you that my yamaha has had some very rough years of mud rideing Now on the other hand my 1986 honda trx 350 that ive owned for about 2 years now has never been anything but a pain in the a$$ and is always breaking down on me and leaving me stranded! Ive spent a lot of money on it and probably more time fixing it then i do riding it Im not saying honda is unreliable, im just saying that i got really unlucky and the guy that owned it berfore me really did some damage to the poor old girl and didnt take very good care of her Overall i think the two best brands out there are yamaha and Honda, even though ive had some bad luck with my Honda i still lover her!

Last edited by Fourtrax86; 07-22-2013 at 11:36 PM.

Lower Navigation
Go Back cvetitula.ru > Honda ATV Discussions > ATV General Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the cvetitula.ru forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode