CF Moto | cvetitula.ru
ATV General Discussion General Discussions about Honda ATVs.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-31-2013, 05:47 AM Thread Starter

Liked: 2432 times
Garage
CF Moto

My neighbor bought a 800 CF Moto 2 weeks ago and was pretty proud of it, Saturday past they went to a local mud ride and it got a little wet and started smoking like the engine and exhaust was steaming, only thing it wasn't steam but smoke, the wiring harness shorted out and did a melt down, he took it to the dealer Tuesday when they open and word is water damage, not covered under warranty, lucky for him he bought the insurance as they say insurance will cover it ---------------- my other buddy bought the 600 CF Moto and two days and it melted the plastic side cover by the exhaust and he says it got so hot it burns your leg thru your pants, he brings it back and they tell him the factory didn't heat wrap the pipe and that there is a modification coming out in a month or so that is a heat shield to cover the exhaust ---------------- I'd stay away from the CF Moto

1995 TRX300FW
.030 over bore, ATC250ES cam, Rick's No Limit CDI
ATC250ES rear end+drive shaft, 2"spacers
26x12 rear, 26x10 front Mudzillas, ITP mags
winch, custom rear receiver hitch
2" lift kit, disc brake conversion, 1" spacers front
floor boards, raised fenders, tucked flaps
double snorkeled, stick guards, Ricochet skid plate
Garmin Montana GPS, 125w LED light bar, 2 LED cubes
custom 400 w sound tube, MP3 player, 2 water proof boxes, drink holder, Coon-ass Yeti w/ hold downs, fire extinguisher

2002 Trx450FM
.025 over bore, 26x10x12 front and 26x12x12 Outlaws with Highlifter 8 hole alum rims, disc brake conversions front and rear, wheel spacers, 2 inch lift kit, custom floor boards, X3 winch and plate, oil cooler and fan relocated, 6 inch front head light lift, snorkeled and custom air box, stick stoppers, 400 watt Pyle sound tube with MP3 player, water proof storage box, drink holder, 125w Led light bar, Garmin GPS quick mount
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-31-2013, 07:05 PM

Liked: 1 times
I'm not defending CF Moto or anything like that by any means but from everything I've read in Dirt Wheels Mag. everytime they do a test ride/report on a CF Moto machine they always seem to have good things to say about them. They do seem to be gaining steam and becoming more popular. I don't think I would ever sell off my Honda's to buy one, but the future will be very interesting to see if CF Moto rises to the ball park ranking of Honda, Yamaha, Kawasaki, etc. or falls flat on it's face and bankrupts. I would like to ride one though to get some first hand experience with one so I can formulate an educated opinion of them.

My Ride:
Honda 400EX
&
'07 Honda Rancher 420 ES

Wifes Ride:
'06 Honda Rancher ES
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-01-2013, 12:32 AM

Liked: 9 times
My impression of Chinese-manufactured good is, unless the factory has been set up and is supervised by a foreign national, quality is whatever they can get away with. When CF Moto gets ISO 9001 certified, then I'd consider buying a product from them. But we have so many good choices in the ATV/UTV market from quality companies that make their products here in the US (including Honda, Yamaha, Suzuki, Can-Am, Polaris, etc.), why would I take a chance on a Chinese-built ATV?

I have 4 Japanese-built motorcycles (3 Hondas and a Yammie), and an Italian-built bike (Honda EU manufactured), an an American-made ATV (Honda). I can't see buying something made in China unless a US, Japanese, German, or Korean company runs the factory. The Chinese will eventually figure out how to build quality in... but they can learn on someone else's dime. Oh, another problem I have with Chinese-owned companies is that many of them are owned by the People's Liberation Army, and profits go to build up the Chinese military.

BTW, Google pulled manufacture of the Moto-X phone back to the US, and Apple is manufacturing the Mac Pro here in the US, too. With the rise of CNC and other forms of automated manufacturing, we'll see more manufacturing here in the US... but we'll never again see a low-skilled manufacturing jobs base.

Everything is on its way to somewhere...
___

'03, '05, '12 Rincons so no one argues about who gets the Rincon!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-01-2013, 07:44 PM

Liked: 1 times
Like I was saying, its going to be interesting to see what these 'new' (CF Moto, Kymco, etc.) companies amount to in the years to come. I was just re-reading the Semptember issue of Dirt Wheels and ran acrossed the test report of the 2013 Kawasaki Brute Force 300. According to Dirt Wheels sources Kawasaki went to Kymco to design this machine. Why? I don't know. Maybe Kawasaki knows something we don't. Now, I don't have any idea how CF Moto or Kymco hold up when compared to all the big names but I would like to throw a leg over them and give them a test ride. I think one of the things they do not have going for them at this point like the big guns is...product and parts support. I like the idea of being able to go down town and either order or pick up the parts I need. I would not buy one at this point in time, but like I had said before....this is gonna get interesting. Lol. I'm a pretty hardcore Honda man myself as is the rest of my family. In the mean time I'm gonna keep riding what I feel is the best of the best.

My Ride:
Honda 400EX
&
'07 Honda Rancher 420 ES

Wifes Ride:
'06 Honda Rancher ES
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-05-2013, 11:38 PM

Liked: 2 times
I was told by someone that Kymco used to be an engine manufacturer for Honda. It sounded like Honda owned it, or was a partner, and Kymco bought them out and went on their own. I have no idea if any of that is fact.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-05-2013, 11:45 PM
Super Moderator
Supporting Member

Liked: 55 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 72Stage1 View Post
I was told by someone that Kymco used to be an engine manufacturer for Honda. It sounded like Honda owned it, or was a partner, and Kymco bought them out and went on their own. I have no idea if any of that is fact.
Here ya go>>> They're building the engines for BMW bikes now also...

FREE REPAIR MANUALS >>http://cvetitula.ru/forums...all-years.html 1986-1992 trx350 parts for sale>>http://cvetitula.ru/forums/atv-parts-sale/29225-complete-part-out-1986-fourtrax-350-a.html

Lower Navigation
Go Back cvetitula.ru > Honda ATV Discussions > ATV General Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the cvetitula.ru forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode