Cranky Ape experiences???? | cvetitula.ru
ATV General Discussion General Discussions about Honda ATVs.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-28-2010, 02:58 PM Thread Starter

Question Cranky Ape experiences????

Hi guys,

I just came across this site and thought i would get some opinions from ATV lovers. I came across this site called cranky Ape and was wondering if anyone on here has done business with them. They have some good deals but i want to make sure they are legit so i dont get taken for a ride like a previous encounter i had with craigslist. (luckily it was a small mistake) They get some honda's in from time to time and i want to make sure that if another one comes on the their website i am prepared to bid on it. Any advice on this company would be great! Thanks again!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-28-2010, 03:05 PM
Super Moderator
Supporting Member

Liked: 26 times
Welcome to the forums. I had never heard of Cranky Ape, but that don't mean it ain't legit. Maybe someone else will know.

Most 4-wheeler problems are caused by a loose nut connecting the handlebars and the seat!!

You only need two tools in life -- WD-40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move and should, use the WD-40. If it shouldn't move and does, use the duct tape.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-28-2010, 03:15 PM
Super Moderator
Supporting Member

Liked: 1 times
Ive never herd of them either. Welcome to the forums.

My Rides
2002 F-250 4x4
250R
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-28-2010, 03:52 PM

Frankly, I'd take my chances on craigslist before I started buying repos and insurance totaled products.

The problems in America arenít from liberals or conservatives, democrats or republicans.

The problems are bigots, hate mongers, fear peddlers and opportunists. History has shown that those people are far more dangerous than a few guys who talk differently or wear funny hats.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-28-2010, 05:39 PM

Liked: 10 times
Welcome to the forums!! agreed with the above^^^

recently sold 07 TRX 450ER 14/1 CP piston/ +1 valves intake & exhaust/ 208 web cam/ High Rev valve springs/ potred & polished/bored carb by DASA/ DASA Classic exhaust / Leagers +2 MX Lt a-arms/ Ohlins Lt front & Fox Podium X DSC Rear shock and LSR DC-6 linkage/LSR duel row carrier/ lsr Axcaliber Pro axle/ Pro Armor skid & rear bumper/ Hiper Bead locks/ Quadcross Pro's/ Houser +1 stem/ Precision stablizer / Pro Taper Fat bars/ ASV levers/ Quadtech hump seat. My trail ride is a 07 GRIZZLY 700 !
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-28-2010, 09:52 PM

Liked: 1 times
this site just buys items at insurance auctions and resales could be scary if you have a repair thats not up to par it would suck but a repo might be a real good deal
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-29-2010, 12:19 AM
Super Moderator
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ostrx250 View Post
this site just buys items at insurance auctions and resales could be scary if you have a repair thats not up to par it would suck but a repo might be a real good deal
Yeah, you never know what you're getting. Of course, that goes anytime you buy a used ATV. All you can do is check it out the best you can and hope for the best.

Most 4-wheeler problems are caused by a loose nut connecting the handlebars and the seat!!

You only need two tools in life -- WD-40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move and should, use the WD-40. If it shouldn't move and does, use the duct tape.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-29-2010, 02:09 PM Thread Starter

Yea i would definatly go with the repo's rather the the total loss. I would think buying a repo would be better than buying it used from someone. Most people are selling it cuz there is something wrong with it where as a repo gets taken away from someone. Would you guys buy a bank repo from cranky ape if you really wanted to get a off road vehicle but didnt have the cash to buy new?
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-29-2010, 02:18 PM

I wouldn't personally buy anything unless I could go look at it in person, be in craigslist or anywhere else.

And, if you know you haven't made payments on your rig and have gotten notices, do you really trust people will just keep changing the oil and washing it every week, or do you think some of them might take it out and dog the hell out of it?

I also wouldn't say the guys selling used are trying to get rid of something with problems. I'm sure that is true in some cases, but certainly not all. I bought 2 awesome machines on craigslist, and sold one of them several months later and made money on the deal.

The saying always holds true. Caveat emptor.

The problems in America arenít from liberals or conservatives, democrats or republicans.

The problems are bigots, hate mongers, fear peddlers and opportunists. History has shown that those people are far more dangerous than a few guys who talk differently or wear funny hats.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-29-2010, 03:14 PM
Super Moderator
Supporting Member

Quote:
I wouldn't personally buy anything unless I could go look at it in person, be in craigslist or anywhere else.
I completely agree with this. No way would I ever buy an ATV that I couldn't look at and check out first.

Lower Navigation
Go Back cvetitula.ru > Honda ATV Discussions > ATV General Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the cvetitula.ru forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode