Most reliable ATV brand | cvetitula.ru
ATV General Discussion General Discussions about Honda ATVs.

12Likes
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-26-2017, 03:29 PM Thread Starter

Liked: 1128 times
Most reliable ATV brand

Is Yamaha really that good? They're killing Honda in this poll. Nobody around here rides anything but Honda and Can Am.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-26-2017, 04:14 PM

Liked: 158 times
Garage
I would vote for Honda. I've bought more blown up Yamaha 4-strokes than all other brands combined. Especially early 2000s MX bikes. Not sure about their new stuff.

Rob

I've owned many Hondas over the years, with 2, 3 and 4 wheels.
Iím always buying and selling projects and parts
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-26-2017, 04:25 PM

Liked: 204 times
My previous Yamahas were all very reliable.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-26-2017, 04:58 PM
Super Moderator
Supporting Member

Liked: 856 times
Hey, they didn't even care to include Tao Tao in that poll... Just kidding!
:-)
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-26-2017, 07:09 PM

Liked: 222 times
Tranny, electrical, and motor - wise my Yamaha has been more reliable than my Honda (but I have the biggest turd Honda ever made). But chassis and body - wise my Honda that I bought new in 2003 still feels tighter than my Yamaha that I bought new in 2012.

But in terms of all out reliability, I'd rate footshift honda's and ultramatic yamahas tied for 1st.

2004 TRX400FA (Rancher 400AT)
MotionPro twist throttle kit
12" handlebar mounted light bar
rear rack wheelchair carrier
Cycle Country 48" plow w/ KFI hybrid mount
Champion 3000 lb winch w/ synthetic rope
23-8-12's all around (saving clutch)

2011 Grizzly 450 EPS

Last edited by wheelsquad; 04-26-2017 at 07:11 PM.
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-27-2017, 07:21 AM

Liked: 1554 times
Garage
Yamaha is pretty good but they are no Honda.

Had to pull the head off my Rhino and replace the head gasket at 2400kms, not really sure why it failed. Been fine since though, near 10,000kms on it now.
DesmondRouse likes this.

2015 Honda Rubicant FM7
- 27" Bighorn 2.0's
- Powermadd Handguards
- ODI Grips

2016 Can-am Renegade 1000R XMR
- 31x11" Outlaws
- NPP Dual Dominators
- Monster Power Tuner + Autotune
- ECM Reflash
- TheBOM Mag+ Cams
- TwinAir Air filter
- Delrin Motor Mounts
- Aluminum Valve Covers
- Gorilla Through Shaft
- TigerTail
- Amsteel Synthetic Winch rope
- Cecco Racing Steering Stem Brace
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-27-2017, 08:58 AM

Liked: 343 times
What is really funny is they have Polaris ahead of King Quad..
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-27-2017, 09:17 AM Thread Starter

Liked: 1128 times
Polaris ahead of ANYTHING smells like a rigged poll. LOL
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-27-2017, 07:00 PM

Liked: 1288 times
I think a HUGE question to be asked here and explained, is WHAT
is RELIABLE, and what does it mean to people
does it, me, problem free for a YR, 2 yrs 5, 10,20?

as in todays world It sure seems like folks thing GOOD is if it lasts a yr or so and then they upgrade to latest crap made!
the days of LONG term reliable things, is GONE< due to NO one really KEEPS things LONG any more,and what MOST folks think is LONG< isn;'t really in the BIG picture of things!
so, till someone put's a age, time limit on RELIABLE< this is all a loaded bunch of crap

anyone remember when trucks and tractors and even ATV's were the EXACT SAME model yr after yr after yr, minus some new stickers or paint colors, and parts swapped of yr after yr models??
they HAD LONG term plans, they made them for yrs perfecting(or trying to MAYBE) make it a BETTER model

NOW< its BIG changes yr after yr on MOST things, and its the NEW crap that;s selling things and NOT reliable "X" that is!
its all again IMO< more about having latest gadgets and model more than IF It works better or not! or lasts longer or NOT,
its a disposable world
where, folks DON"T seem to care HOW long something last, OR a clue what LONG TIME really means>

there are a LOT of old tractors from the 40's and 50's still working JUST fine, 50-60+ yrs of WORKING<
is what a LONG term RELIABLE product is

I doubt anyone will be having 2017's atv's running, in 2037, 20 yrs from now, like so many have 20 yr old HONDA 's ATV 's NOW and DOUBT HONDA is even trying to make ATV;'s last that long, or any other ATV company for that matter, rather it last 3-5 yrs and sell you new one's! with more gadgets on it LOL
and old parts ONLY good for 1 or MAYBE 2-3 yrs of being comparable for PARTS

modern era of mind sets is NOT what it once was!

MAYBE someone should start a POLL< on how long is a LONG time by today's standards,
on HOW Long, you EXPECT your atv to be PROBLEM free??
EMB5530 likes this.
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-27-2017, 09:15 PM
Super Moderator
Supporting Member

Liked: 856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbb View Post
I think a HUGE question to be asked here and explained, is WHAT
is RELIABLE, and what does it mean to people
does it, me, problem free for a YR, 2 yrs 5, 10,20?
Reliable = An opportunity, with an expectation to survive -- if properly used and properly maintained.

The products produced nowadays are not given that opportunity by the manufacturers. Extremely short product life cycles are intentionally engineered into every product produced nowadays. Millions of $$$ each month are spent searching for new ways to guarantee a predicted failure rate of every component to ever-minimize ALL product life cycles. Every component is optimized to provide an early failure rate that meets carefully calculated projections of life cycle goals.

What I just explained above are indisputable facts! The body of evidence for the above is overwhelming!!! What I just explained above is ORGANIZED CRIME on a GLOBAL SCALE!!!!

As I said earlier, "Reliable" does not exist at all anymore. All conditions required have been removed, so any definition (or claim) of "Reliable" nowadays is nothing more than lying and thieving! It has been carefully eliminated during these last five decades in a creeping global corporate scheme. Many folks 40 and under nowadays have never experienced an honest product!

Any hope..? Not if you are buying ANY of it. Change comes from within. Every individual is responsible.

Quote:
...the days of LONG term reliable things, is GONE< due to NO one really KEEPS things LONG any more,and what MOST folks think is LONG< isn;'t really in the BIG picture of things!
Thats incorrect. Reliability is gone due to it being stripped away intentionally. It is not for sale anymore, anywhere, at any price. The reason folks replace with new crap quite often is because the product is failing, or has already failed on them. Its robbery. The ignorant folks don't know any better cause they aren't old enough to have had any experience with an honest product.

Quote:
anyone remember when trucks and tractors and even ATV's were the EXACT SAME model yr after yr after yr, minus some new stickers or paint colors, and parts swapped of yr after yr models??
they HAD LONG term plans, they made them for yrs perfecting(or trying to MAYBE) make it a BETTER model
Yeah, thats a necessary strategy to practice while a population is being directed for rapid growth opportunities. Its called "Efficient use of Resources" It minimizes waste, both in man hours expenditures and in materials consumption.

Quote:
NOW< its BIG changes yr after yr on MOST things, and its the NEW crap that;s selling things and NOT reliable "X" that is!
its all again IMO< more about having latest gadgets and model more than IF It works better or not! or lasts longer or NOT,
its a disposable world
where, folks DON"T seem to care HOW long something last, OR a clue what LONG TIME really means>
Yeah, thats a necessary strategy to practice while a population is being directed for rapid collapse opportunities. It is a requirement for demolition. Same pasasite ruling families been doing these same disgusting things to us over and over again for centuries. "History repeats" because its the same as!#$es pulling the same schemes on us over and over again. Wake up to reality if you dare.

Quote:
there are a LOT of old tractors from the 40's and 50's still working JUST fine, 50-60+ yrs of WORKING<
is what a LONG term RELIABLE product is
Yep, I got some of those old machines. All are super dependable and economical to own and use. They are made to WORK HARD all stinkin' day long and get up and do it again the next. Can't kill them...

Quote:
I doubt anyone will be having 2017's atv's running, in 2037, 20 yrs from now, like so many have 20 yr old HONDA 's ATV 's NOW and DOUBT HONDA is even trying to make ATV;'s last that long, or any other ATV company for that matter, rather it last 3-5 yrs and sell you new one's! with more gadgets on it LOL
and old parts ONLY good for 1 or MAYBE 2-3 yrs of being comparable for PARTS
A 20 years life cycle out of a 2017 product? Yeah, its not possible! If a person has deep pockets and an old machine along to haul his cold wet butt home every weekend, I give 'em 4 years tops.

They have been using electronics technology against us to effectively weld the hoods shut so we can't repair anything on them. Denial of access strategies are inclusive of every design nowadays, they have spent billion$ on it.

Anything that cannot be electronically killed off on the product is killed off using countless other backstabbing criminal methods. For instance: Every sealed roller bearing and sealed ball bearing on every machine sold today is EMPTY! No grease in any of them, just a lil' dab of Yak-Fat in one lil' spot to make you think there is grease in them when you turn them in your hand. ALL replacement bearings sold to you to fix all those dry bearings when they fail are EMPTY TOO!

Reliable? Reliability? Whatsat...? I see nothing but organized crime being directed onto the populace of this planet!
EMB5530 likes this.

Lower Navigation
Go Back cvetitula.ru > Honda ATV Discussions > ATV General Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the cvetitula.ru forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode