2003 Suzuki LTZ400 | cvetitula.ru
ATV Purchasing and Price Getting ready to purchase your first ATV? Discussions concerning ATV comparisons, models, prices, and all purchasing related questions.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-22-2011, 01:16 AM Thread Starter

2003 Suzuki LTZ400

My buddy is in a pinch and has to sell his ltz400. He told me $1200. I installed a new HD cam chain last week, it runs real strong with no ticks or smoke. Has a white bros slip on and K&N filter, also it's properly jetted but no other engine mods. it has pro armor nerfs with the pegs and heel guards built in and full pro armor skids. has itp holeshot hds with decent tread left on back and the fronts are about half tread life.It also has pro taper fat bars.

The bad, the plastics are beat up, the front end is "loose", prob needs bushings/bearings through-out. The swing arm bushings are bad, causes rear suspension to bind. rear shock may be bent. wiring harness is a mess near the battery(has a hose clamp holding the ground to the battery, balls of electrical tape, stray bare wires, etc...)

I offered $900 but no go lol. It's going to cost at least $500 to make it trail worthy and the body will still look like frankenstein. I found some decent ones with similar mods in the $2k range.
How much is it worth in parts? I don't really want it but If I can help him out and make a buck I'll do it.

1999 pain in the a** and 2007 pain in the neck
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-22-2011, 06:51 AM

Give him 1000. Then spend 500 or so getting it right then try to find some cheap plastics. You wont have but around 1800 in it.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-22-2011, 10:37 AM
DR_

If you don't want it then don't buy it. There is very low demand for those even though the engine is a gem.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-22-2011, 11:44 AM

Liked: 9 times
Send a message via AIM to JBGill06
I wish I still had my Z400...

2007 Honda Rincon
Twin Air Filter
High Lifter Springs
Viper Max 3500lb Winch
Kimpex Bumpers
Warn Skid Plates
Maier Handguards
ODI Rogue Grips
Maxxis Bighorn 2.0
ITP Mudlite XL

2014 HD Dyna Switchback
Vance&Hines Pro Pipe/Tuner/Intake

2010 GMC Sierra SLE Crew Cab 4x4

post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-22-2011, 12:40 PM

Liked: 32 times
id stay away from it . Sounds very pounded. And as for parting it out. You wont get much for parts. Doesnt sound like anything besides the engine is good. Even if you did get it for $900 you would hafto stick a bunch into it and it would still be a pounded quad.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-22-2011, 01:18 PM

Liked: 1 times
if you have been in the motor your self and everything looked good that is one very strong point on buying it but like atvrider said that thing had to be totally pounded for all of that stuff to be shot i think you would be safe a $800-900 but there really isn't that much money to be made after you fix the bearings and the bushings through out it and the plastics probably aren't cheap and if you ran into a major problem you would be lucky to break even i think i would stay away from it,i bought my 400ex as a basket case and a year later of buying parts its finally starting to make a turn around .

2004 400ex

yoshimura slip on
uni filter
426 kit
moose bars
dg bumper
msr clutch
itp c-series rims
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-22-2011, 04:54 PM Thread Starter

I got him to say yes to $900 then told him I changed my mind lol. The motor is good but thats it, and I could save my $900 and keep adding to my 400ex basket case. Reverse was the only reason I wanted it, when I get stuck I need help. But I just put all new bushings/bearings/tires/engine rebuild/paint/blood/sweat/tears/ into my 400ex and I would like a new silver body and a seat cover. Oh, and cool front bumper.

post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-22-2011, 05:08 PM

Good choice. Have you seen the maier carbonfiber plastics they look hot but the silver looks good to
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-22-2011, 06:04 PM

Liked: 1 times
if you have 900 bucks buy a good 05 and up lower end off ebay and the reverse cable and the switch i think the harness to,and you have reverse no frame modifications or anything ive always thought about doing this to my 400ex but never have had the money i have saw several of the older 400exs on craigslist were somebody did this

2004 400ex

yoshimura slip on
uni filter
426 kit
moose bars
dg bumper
msr clutch
itp c-series rims

Last edited by yamahasucks; 09-22-2011 at 06:10 PM.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-22-2011, 07:02 PM Thread Starter

lol, I don't want reverse that bad, I like watchn my buddies push me backwards up a hill. I don't get stuck that often, I can't handle hard core riding any more, my next quad is going to have 4x4, reverse, automatic, power steering, a cup holder, and a seat warmer.

Lower Navigation
Go Back cvetitula.ru > Honda ATV Discussions > ATV Purchasing and Price

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the cvetitula.ru forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode