700xx | cvetitula.ru
ATV Purchasing and Price Getting ready to purchase your first ATV? Discussions concerning ATV comparisons, models, prices, and all purchasing related questions.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-15-2011, 08:26 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via Yahoo to rebulid87trx250x
700xx

thinking about getting the new honda 700xx. but dont know alot about it need to found out somethings about it so please help out
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-16-2011, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebulid87trx250x View Post
thinking about getting the new honda 700xx. but dont know alot about it need to found out somethings about it so please help out
I have one. What do you want to know about it?
I can tell you... it's
1. Fast
2. A bit heavy for a sport quad, but not if you consider it has IRS.
3. Lots of ground clearance.
4. EFI
5. 5 speed manual with reverse.
6. Odd size rear rim 11" (needed to clear a-arms)
7. Stock shocks are crap... Elka, Fox make upgrade shocks, but are not cheap. Modified DS450 are cheaper and available.
8. Highly mod-able... not as many aftermarket parts as a 450r but more are introduced every day.
9. Not really suited for MX, but is great for XC and trails. Wayne Matlock won the Baja 1000 3 times on his 700xx.

Mods I've done to mine...
1. DG V-Pro bumper
2. DG full Baja skid plate
3. CCP steering stabilizer
4. Elka shocks
5. EHS efi controller
6. EHS airbox lid
7. UNI air filter
8. Barker full exhaust
9. 13t front sprocket
10. Stiffer sway bar
11. DWT Red Label rims
12. Maxxis Razr and Razr2 tires.
13. PRM side bars

roadkill

"You lock the door and throw away the key. There's someone in my head, but it's not me."

Last edited by roadkill; 02-16-2011 at 12:02 PM.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-16-2011, 04:59 PM Thread Starter

have u had any problem with it in the mud or doing hill climbs and jumping trees? and does the heavy make it easy to sinkk in mudd
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-17-2011, 11:21 AM

Quote:
have u had any problem with it in the mud or doing hill climbs and jumping trees? and does the heavy make it easy to sinkk in mudd

Good questions... Thing is, we don't get the kinda mud you're probably talking about here in California. However, I've been able to go through everything I've tried where others wouldn't follow.... just to say that I made it and you all didn't have the balls to even try. Other owners I know use theirs in deep mud all the time (east coast owners) and from what they tell me it does just fine with the right tires and mods. Lots of hills here and my 700xx does real good... that's one of the reasons why I changed from 14t to 13t front sprocket. Better low end torque... with 686cc, you have all the power you need and the 13t gives better control of that power/torque at lower speeds. Example: With a 14t, I might be cruising in 2nd but in 2nd's high range (out of peak torque range)... stab the throttle and have to shift to 3rd to get much acceleration... then you're in low 3rd and below peak torque. With a 13t at the same speed, I'd be in 3rd and right in peak torque range... and since that torque peak is rather wide, I stab the throttle again and take off like a shot... right through peak torque. A 13t is and easy and cheap mod ($9.00 to $20.00)(later model trx450r fits), but will drop over all top speed a bit... but not by that much. Top speed (stock) is supposed to be 87.5mph rev limit in 5th. But, you'd never see rev limit in 5th in it's stock form... too corked up. Besides, you have to ask yourself how many times are you gonna actually need that kind of top speed? With my mods, I've gotten it to rev limit in 5th on a dry lake bed (Black Rock Desert Nevada) with a car along side and still was at 80mph.

roadkill

"You lock the door and throw away the key. There's someone in my head, but it's not me."
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-17-2011, 04:00 PM Thread Starter

thats all i want to know thank u im trying to find a used one right now
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-23-2011, 01:39 PM

Quote:
thats all i want to know thank u im trying to find a used one right now

Looking through the classifieds section of another forum, I ran across this one in the Springfield, Ill area... as follows...

I have a 700xx which is in great shape with Honda nerf bars, 13 tooth front sprocket (original 14 tooth sprocket included), ATV cover, original tires with plenty of life left, always stored in garage. It has been trial and field ridden around my mother in laws farm, never rolled, flipped, or flooded. I would like $4,200 obo (You won't have to pay dealer fees, high taxes, etc. if buying from a private individual.) I HAVE THE TITLE IN HAND. I have more pics – just ask. E-mail Thanks! Here are more pics:

Can't post the pics he uploaded to the other forum, because they are as attachments there rather than links... like to "photobucket"

roadkill

Lower Navigation
Go Back cvetitula.ru > Honda ATV Discussions > ATV Purchasing and Price

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the cvetitula.ru forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode