new (cheaper) muffler? | cvetitula.ru
Honda FourTrax Discussions for the FourTrax Rincon, Foreman, Rancher, Recon

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-05-2011, 11:38 PM Thread Starter

new (cheaper) muffler?

Hey guys -

I'm a newbie here who recently inherited a 1991 Fourtrax 300 4x4. My Dad bought it new in '91 and the thing is a TANK and I have loved it since day 1!!

Anyway, I have recently been doing some light maintenance on it and it needs a new muffler. I have been looking around and have noticed that the OEM replacements can cost you up to $400 so obviously I have been looking for alternatives as I am on a limited budget....
I recently came across the Armor Tech EX130 muffler that I can get for around $150. I would like to get it but would love some input from you all. Ever heard of it? Know someone who has run it on their rig? Does it have the spark arrestor?

Hopefully someone on this great forum can lend me a hand....lemme know!!

Thanks,
~BigAndy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-05-2011, 11:46 PM

i run a cobra muffler.if your bike is stock it will just have a loud rumble to it.i found my whole system for 98$shipped

post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-06-2011, 08:23 AM

I you prefer a stock muffler you should be able to pick one up on ebay for fairly cheep. As far as aftermarket mufflers the sky’s the limit depending on you budget. I’m not familiar with your quad so I don’t have any real good input for you other than the ebay option. Good luck!

2008 TRX400ex

42 pilot jet
Stage 2 Dynojet kit
K&N Powerlid
Lexx MXe slip on
Armadillo full body and swing arm skid plates.
450r front suspension

Dan in VA

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-06-2011, 09:28 AM
Super Moderator
Supporting Member

Liked: 2449 times
honestly....some things from armor tec are not that great..i've used some of thier products..and i'm not impressed with the results...soo..like dan400ex said..ebay..of use oem muffler...you can also see what bikebandit.com or cheapcycleparts.com has for prices.

'89 trx350D foreman 4x4...'85 vf700c magna, '03 trx450fm foreman 4x4, 2015 Yamaha waverunner fx cruiser ho, '08 vt750c2 shadow spirit
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-06-2011, 03:40 PM

If you are handy and have a welder, or know someone that can weld for you, you can track down a factory take off Harley muffler for little to no cost. not much louder than stock but nice sound. If you want REALLY LOUD you can go to tractor supply and get a FO-4 Tractor muffler for about 20 bucks. I tried both tractor muffler is LOUD Harley muffler is for me. Great sound not raspy and its shiny chrome! Check out these threads for more info and videos.

300 Harley Muffler

300 with F04 Muffler

1988 FourTrax 300

Lower Navigation
Go Back cvetitula.ru > Honda Model Specific Discussions > Honda FourTrax

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the cvetitula.ru forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode