Own a Pioneer? What's your impressions? | cvetitula.ru
Honda Pioneer Discussions for the Honda Pioneer Side by Side (Pioneer 500, Pioneer 700, Pioneer 1000)

13Likes
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-23-2017, 11:14 PM Thread Starter

Liked: 15 times
Own a Pioneer? What's your impressions?

I'd sure like to here from some of you Pioneer owner's to see what you think of your machine.

We haven't had much owner feedback, and I for one would like to know your experiences. Do you like the machine? How does it ride, pull, drive, and compare with other machines you've encountered? Would you buy it again? Does it have enough power?

It is a big investment, and your feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-24-2017, 05:15 AM

Liked: 236 times
I have no experience with the Pioneer 500 or 1000, but owned a Pioneer 700. I owned one of the first ones with auto transmission and see now it's available with shift paddles, a nicer option in my opinion. My unit had the "flip up" seats, and keeping them reasonably clean was difficult and when you needed them, you literally couldn't bring a cooler along. I also did not like the locked rear end and would like a open/turf mode. I sold the unit and have a Kawasaki Mule, very nice, smoother and very quiet unit.

2014 Honda Rancher
KFI 2500 lb winch with synthetic rope
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-24-2017, 12:04 PM

Liked: 888 times
Have ridden with a couple of the 1000's.

Owners like them, for the most part.

The other day one of them said now that the temps are warming up that he's discovered that the cabs get HOT from engine heat.

I googled it and looks like a lot of people are having problems with hot cabs. Looks like most are making it tolerable by adding reflective materials on the underside of the seat.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-24-2017, 03:59 PM

Liked: 88 times
I've got a 1000-5 deluxe. I bought it because it will seat 5 people without the extra length of the other 4 seater UTVs. Its got plenty of power, rides nice. The seat heat is noticeable but not unbearable to me. I haven't taken it on any day long trips or anything, just riding my little one around the farm and doing chores around the house.

2016 Honda Pioneer 1000-5 Deluxe White
-Stock

2008 Honda Rancher 420 4x4
Work in progress

1998 Honda Trx300 4x4
317 motor, 54% Gear Reduction, EBC Clutches, Big Red Rear End, 2.75" Stretch, 350D Clutch Cover, Oil Cooler, Foreman 450 Clutch, Disc Brake Kit, 29.5 OG Laws

1985 Honda Big Red 250 ATC
18% Reduction, 28" EDL

1986 Honda Fourtrax 125
-First ATV

1987 Honda Fourtrax 70
-Work in progress for my sons 3rd birthday

Sold
13 - Honda Trx300 4x4
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-24-2017, 08:16 PM Thread Starter

Liked: 15 times
Wow! I wonder if Honda is addressing the heat in the cab/seat problem. I may have to rethink whether the 1000 is my dream machine. It almost sounds like they need a recall type fix for the machines previously sold.

Great engineering is why I've owned Honda ATV's for the past 35 years, and I find this heat problem very surprising.
ZeroG likes this.
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-24-2017, 09:43 PM

A lot of SxS's habe this issue.

They'll fix it, or people on boards like this one will figure out how to fix it.

Would you rather be warm or broken down?
misterclean59 and Dan71 like this.
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-25-2017, 05:14 AM

Liked: 2420 times
Garage
my neighbor bought the Pioneer and it was for sale 3 months after he got it, he owns and operates a ATV repair and parts business and is a hardcore Honda guy who rides every weekend, so that is saying a lot ----- my best friend bought a Kawasaki Mule extended cab end of last year and as far as a utility UTV I think it is the best one out there, he loads it up with 8 kids and adult and takes it thru the mud, a sight to see ------Honda has a lot to learn in the utility UTV game
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-25-2017, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishfiles View Post
my neighbor bought the Pioneer and it was for sale 3 months after he got it, he owns and operates a ATV repair and parts business and is a hardcore Honda guy who rides every weekend, so that is saying a lot ----- my best friend bought a Kawasaki Mule extended cab end of last year and as far as a utility UTV I think it is the best one out there, he loads it up with 8 kids and adult and takes it thru the mud, a sight to see ------Honda has a lot to learn in the utility UTV game
What were his issues with the Pioneer?

I'm too cheap to buy anything like that now. Figured I would wait a couple years for Honda to work out the kinks and then buy a fixer-upper
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-25-2017, 09:19 AM

Liked: 2420 times
Garage
I'll ask him when he gets back from the Mud Nationals, he is on a free trip on HighLifer as he is dealer for them, he came by my house and rode with us one weekend when it was brand new, and he called it a piece of crap, he spent $3k on extras for it right off the bat, lift kits, tires and rims, sound system, light bars, etc and took a lost selling it, so that says something --- I recently had a chance to buy a 6 wheel John Deer for $1,800 that was pretty decent and past on it, there is a brand new Can-Am 1000 6 wheel drive that is a 2015 that didn't sell and the dealer has a big sale on it this weekend, that thing looks like a nightmare on the pocket book when it breaks ----- I think the Mule is the best thing out there right now for a utility UTV
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-25-2017, 10:03 AM

Liked: 301 times
Having cab heat issues is going to be a given when you have an engine between you and the passenger, this happens with every model. rhino, commander, teryx, etc.

that's unavoidable.

If the cost wasn't so high for the 1000 5 seater I would sell my rzr's and buy one, but I really don't think its worth 20k.

Lower Navigation
Go Back cvetitula.ru > Honda Model Specific Discussions > Honda Pioneer

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the cvetitula.ru forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode