2006 Rancher es 2 Blinks | cvetitula.ru
Honda Rancher Discuss all models of the Honda Rancher 350/400/420

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-26-2017, 01:41 PM Thread Starter

2006 Rancher es 2 Blinks

I've met my match, my rancher flashes 2 times and will not shift once the blinking starts. I brought it to a local shop and the guy swore it was the angle sensor. I figured why not and I purchased a new one and installed it. Didn't fix anything. So I looked online, it suggests the ecu, the new one just arrived and....nope. Here's why I'm confused, it's not permanently flashing and just a few moments ago I figured out what's causing it to start blinking. Once I apply the left (es shift side) break or the foot break the blinking starts. I have a hand break on the right side and it does not cause the blinking. I'm confused at this point and the closest mechanic is over an hour away (minus the local guy who let me artery and was the reason for wasting money). Does anyone have any advice for me on what to look for?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-26-2017, 01:51 PM

Liked: 884 times
Welcome to the forum.

The left brake is cable/mechanical, and I don't believe the 350 Ranchers had brake lights, did they?

Free factory service manual downloads are here. You should be able to figure out what the 2 blinks signifies.

post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-26-2017, 01:57 PM Thread Starter

It does have break lights
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-26-2017, 06:31 PM Thread Starter

I still haven't fixed the issue. But while only using the brake on the right handle I was able to run it around for about the last half hour with no problems. But as soon as I used the brake on the left handle the two flashes started again. I'm open to any and all ideas for a possible solution
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-26-2017, 11:34 PM
Super Moderator
Supporting Member

Liked: 2446 times
I am not sure about the trx350 ranchers having issues with the front left brake lever ?, but I think the newer trx420's have it where you could pull the left brake lever ( or was it the right front ? ), and start it in gear ?. if this is the case ?, was the lever changed out at one point from another atv ?. I have never heard of any trx350 ranchers have the brake lever tied to the ecu ?, unless it's something on the late models ?.

'89 trx350D foreman 4x4...'85 vf700c magna, '03 trx450fm foreman 4x4, 2015 Yamaha waverunner fx cruiser ho, '08 vt750c2 shadow spirit
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-27-2017, 01:26 AM Thread Starter

I purchased used, but it barely had any miles on it. It only has around 2000 miles after this long. I don't understand it either, for the break to be the reason the atv stops working has me all types of confused at this point.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-27-2017, 01:41 AM
Supporting Member

Liked: 722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadetree View Post
I am not sure about the trx350 ranchers having issues with the front left brake lever ?, but I think the newer trx420's have it where you could pull the left brake lever ( or was it the right front ? ), and start it in gear ?. if this is the case ?, was the lever changed out at one point from another atv ?. I have never heard of any trx350 ranchers have the brake lever tied to the ecu ?, unless it's something on the late models ?.
Just for reference purposes 420's will start in gear with the front (right) pulled back.

98 300 Fourtrax 4x4

350D rear end
Trx250a cam
Rear brake delete
SuperATV front discs
2" suspension lift
1 front fender lift
1 rear fender lift
2" wheel spacers
Superwinch up front (custom mount)
Plasma (synthetic) rope
Pro Grip bar grips
Pro grip hand guards
1 1/2" bar risers
Floor boards
Custom snorkel
Extended silicone breathers
24"x 8" innova mud gears up front
24"x10" innova mud gears on rear
Custom rear tow point

85 TRX250 - The Wifes ride
No mods whatsoever.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-27-2017, 07:29 AM

Liked: 199 times
Hi: Remove the 15 amp light fuse and try again.

2011 Honda TRX420FPA PG CTE camo EPS
Auto & Electric Shift -- IRS -- Programmed Fuel Injection
25" Kenda K587 Bear Claws HTR
Garmin Montana 600 Ram mount & Rugged mount
2500 Runva Winch
Winter Pak Plus 2/4 Zone Thumb & Hand Warmers

If all the animals run in one direction follow them.

If you can't soar with the Eagles, then run with the Chickens.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-27-2017, 09:24 AM Thread Starter

I tried removing the fuse. Oddly after removing it I was unable to even start the atv?
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-27-2017, 09:32 AM

Liked: 199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jameslong07 View Post
I tried removing the fuse. Oddly after removing it I was unable to even start the atv?
Are the fuses in the right places?
30 Motor
30 Main
15 Light
10 Ign
15 Fan
15 Acc

2011 Honda TRX420FPA PG CTE camo EPS
Auto & Electric Shift -- IRS -- Programmed Fuel Injection
25" Kenda K587 Bear Claws HTR
Garmin Montana 600 Ram mount & Rugged mount
2500 Runva Winch
Winter Pak Plus 2/4 Zone Thumb & Hand Warmers

If all the animals run in one direction follow them.

If you can't soar with the Eagles, then run with the Chickens.

Lower Navigation
Go Back cvetitula.ru > Honda Model Specific Discussions > Honda Rancher

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the cvetitula.ru forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode