2012 Honda Rancher DTC reset powersteering code | cvetitula.ru
Honda Rancher Discuss all models of the Honda Rancher 350/400/420

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-24-2017, 11:37 AM Thread Starter

2012 Honda Rancher DTC reset powersteering code procedure help!!

Hey guys, I hit a tree last weekend and now I have a code 23 on my power steering light when SCS connected with the power steering not working and the light on after start up. I wanted to try resetting the DTC but the service manual instructions arent working and the 6mm screw driver between the steering stop is confusing.

Can anyone assist me with doing a reset? or telling me if the 23 is related to hitting the tree?

any assistance would be great. thanks!!!

Last edited by caper; 11-24-2017 at 11:54 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-24-2017, 01:42 PM

Liked: 199 times
Hi: Do the reset in section 24 -- 24 - 12 -- it's not lay out very good -- but read it other a few times and keep trying. The screw driver is used in the first step.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name: torque sensor.jpg
Views: 9
Size: 29.7 KB
ID: 100554

2011 Honda TRX420FPA PG CTE camo EPS
Auto & Electric Shift -- IRS -- Programmed Fuel Injection
25" Kenda K587 Bear Claws HTR
Garmin Montana 600 Ram mount & Rugged mount
2500 Runva Winch
Winter Pak Plus 2/4 Zone Thumb & Hand Warmers

If all the animals run in one direction follow them.

If you can't soar with the Eagles, then run with the Chickens.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-26-2017, 12:26 PM Thread Starter

Have you used the procedure before? I've read it a hundred times and it still doesn't quite make sense on what you're supposed to do with the screwdriver are what it does. It's also almost inaccessible without taking the the lower side plate stuff off. Then after you put the screwdriver there, are you supposed to have someone hold it in place while you turn left center left...because otherwise it jus falls out. Concerning the part about the ps light coming on then off 4 seconds,it says the csc jumper should be installed so when they say the ps light should come on are they talking about it shuld show the code sequence because my just keeps flasing the 23 code over and over in 4 seconds intervals. Or is it saying when you have it turned left wth thenext6mm screwdriver That it will trigger the reset procedure and the light should stay solid for 4 seconds?? It also says at the end it should blink twice....but mine just keeps cycling the 23 code blinking which I assume means it didn't work. Any help would be great. Thanks!!

Lower Navigation
Go Back cvetitula.ru > Honda Model Specific Discussions > Honda Rancher

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the cvetitula.ru forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode