k&n air filter installation!! HELP!!! 2013 rancher | cvetitula.ru
Honda Rancher Discuss all models of the Honda Rancher 350/400/420

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-21-2012, 08:35 PM Thread Starter

k&n air filter installation!! HELP!!! 2013 rancher

well this sounds dumb cause it should be very easy but i got my stock air filter off, and cant get the kn or my stock back on. i was gonna order a uni but a buddy had a kn and owed me money so he bought it from his cycle shop! so ive noticed 2 things the kn goes inside the airbox seal and the stock air filter has the seal go inbetween the air filter and the cylinder inside the filter, help!!! IDIOT OVER HERE LOL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-21-2012, 11:06 PM Thread Starter

doing some reading i see all the uni fans lol so maybe i asked the wrong question for help on k&N i know the filter slips in thats no issue its just not going all the way in coreectly, ill clean it all off and get it in tomorrow
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-22-2012, 11:52 AM

Liked: 1 times
What's your Buddy got against you?If it was me I would give him back the K&N.They just don't do the job on an ATV unless you're just running pavement.Then you might get away with one not destrying your engine.Do a search on K&N and do some reading(somewhere besides their site).Most of the guys I ride with won't even run them in their street bikes.The difference in performance won't be noticeable anyway,so why not stick with the OEM that actually works?

If Id'a known it would last this long Id'a taken better care of it
Chris

99 450 ES Foreman(Son's taken it over)
26" Mudlites
disc brake kit
2' lift

04 Can-AM Outlander Max XT(My ride)
27" Mudlite XTR'S
14" SS212
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-22-2012, 09:59 PM

When u put it in put it in the boot and then angle the filter back u may have to push the back of ur air box out so u can get it started in the back then push it the rest of the way down a little add vice would be to run a pre filter

2011 rancher at
2" high lifter lift
High lifter springs
K&N and pre filter
Hmf penland pro
Pcv
28 in s/w zillas
Extreme gear reduction (32%)
Epi comp clutch kit
Full 2in snorkel
Rad rack
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-22-2012, 11:20 PM Thread Starter

Actually tried earlier while my temper was cool and calm lol and I got it on in less than a minute lol. But u guys are talkin like its complete garbage. Is there anyway to run it efficiently. Such as the pre filter as was just suggested.
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-22-2012, 11:21 PM Thread Starter

In Mississippi where I live. K&n is like the Lamborghini of oil and air filters. Lol. But I'm learnin different here
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-22-2012, 11:25 PM

From what I've learned don't run it unless u have a pre filter cause the k&n let's in so much more dust and dirt that it may hurt the motor

2011 rancher at
2" high lifter lift
High lifter springs
K&N and pre filter
Hmf penland pro
Pcv
28 in s/w zillas
Epi comp clutch kit
Full 2in snorkel
Rad rack
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-23-2012, 09:46 AM Thread Starter

Ill be sure and order a pre filter. Thanks buddy
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-23-2012, 11:57 AM

Liked: 1 times
My question would be "why even take the chance"?A filter that needs a prefilter?LMAO.

If Id'a known it would last this long Id'a taken better care of it
Chris

99 450 ES Foreman(Son's taken it over)
26" Mudlites
disc brake kit
2' lift

04 Can-AM Outlander Max XT(My ride)
27" Mudlite XTR'S
14" SS212
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-23-2012, 01:36 PM

Easy more air flow

2011 rancher at
2" high lifter lift
High lifter springs
K&N and pre filter
Hmf penland pro
Pcv
28 in s/w zillas
Epi comp clutch kit
Full 2in snorkel
Rad rack

Lower Navigation
Go Back cvetitula.ru > Honda Model Specific Discussions > Honda Rancher

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the cvetitula.ru forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode