2013 Rancher Winch Mount | cvetitula.ru
Honda Rancher Discuss all models of the Honda Rancher 350/400/420

• 1 Post By kentco
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-27-2013, 10:19 AM Thread Starter

2013 Rancher Winch Mount

I want to put a winch on the front of my rancher and was wondering if it was the same as previous years as far as finding a mounting plate? I am going to get a badlands 3000 lb winch from harbor freight also, nothing but good reviews on their site and only $120 so might as well give it a shot
Sponsored Links

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-27-2013, 12:15 PM

Liked: 8 times
i installed this on my 2013 rancher

I also have 3000lb badlands winch. Used it to lift plow over winter, worked great.
After the end of season, the bottom roller on fairlead has collapsed, and last weekend the winch seemed to be "stuck" between freespool and engaged.ill explain, the winch would pull slack in cable, but as soon as load was present, the winch sounded as if it was grinding gears, and wouldnt pull.
I let the winch cable out and checked everything over, and tried again and it worked.. tried again later that night and same happened again. works fine now, but will be returning under warranty.
I never buy anything from HF without a warranty, and this is why.

Dont get me wrong by this review, this winch has pulled me and buddies through some pretty nasty stuff. Good luck with yours
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-27-2013, 03:41 PM

Liked: 1 times
2013 Rancher Winch Mount

I use a KFI plate on my foreman. Seems to be good quality.

As far as the winch goes, for $120, I'd strongly suggest this: over anything harbor freight sells. Superwinch is a top notch company to deal with and they make a good quality product.

Sponsored Links

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-29-2013, 02:00 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to abish0220
Re: 2013 Rancher Winch Mount

I bought a warn and their winch plate. I had some what I thought was minor front guard damage untill I tried to put int the mount. Any bend in thr guard make s it next to impossible. After a couple of minuts with a torch. Then an angle grinder I cut the guard mounted the plate with the mounting tabs from the guard in place just not the guard. Then welded the guard back in place well close to in place haha. Good luck the warn is expensive but I have used it several times fully submergered and it never fails.

2011 rancher, 2500 lb warn winch
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-29-2013, 02:02 PM
Super Moderator
Supporting Member

Liked: 167 times
Well for a little bit more you can get a Terra 35

2014 Yamaha Grizzly 700 with Power Steering
6,200 Miles
Superwinch Terra 35 With Synthetic Rope
EHS Air Box lid
UNI Air Filter
1.5mm Shim Mod
Purple Spring
EHS Fuel Optimizer
Heat Demon Handle Bar Warmers
26x9 and 26x12 Maxxis BigHorn on 12" SS316 Matte Black
Canadian Yamaha Fender Flares
Plano 1510 Box
Join the Wisconsin Riders Group!

Click here for service manuals!
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-29-2013, 03:17 PM
Super Moderator
Supporting Member

Liked: 1470 times
Bryan is VERY correct! The Superwinch Terra 35 (and 25) are FAR superior winches than the winch you are looking at. For only around $50 or so more, you can have a winch that is double the quality of the winch you are looking at. You also get more useful accessories as well. See the Superwinch Terra's on Amazon.com I believe that right now, you can get a Superwinch Terra 35 for less money than a Terra 25. That's an incredible deal. Click on the link that Bryan gave you above. For the money, I don't think you can get a better winch than the Superwinch Terra.

By the way, the KFI winch mount is a very good, and economical mount and will work well.
cohugore likes this.

USFS Motorized Trail Maintenance Volunteer

Last edited by kentco; 05-29-2013 at 05:20 PM.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-31-2013, 09:52 AM Thread Starter

thanks for the replys everyone, after reading up more and listening to yall i think i will go with the superwinch instead where would i go about getting some synthetic rope for it to replace the wire?
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-31-2013, 10:26 AM
Super Moderator
Supporting Member

Liked: 1470 times
Rasgol: Very good choice on the Superwinch. Make sure it's the Terra model!
If you want to go with Synthetic Rope, then the most cost effective way to get it, (and the Aluminum Hause) is to simply order the Superwinch Terra Synthetic.
If you go to this page on Amazon, you'll see that you can order the Superwinch's with either wire rope or synthetic rope.

If you go with wire rope, then the Superwinch Terra 35 actually costs less than the Terra 25
However, if you go with Synthetic Rope, the Terra 25 is just a few dollars less than the Terra 25.
Either the Terra 25 or 35 is more than enough winch for your atv, so the choice is yours'. I definately highly recommend getting the Synthetic if you can afford the extra. Again, it costs less to get the synthetic rope and aluminum hause when you buy the winch, than to get them separately. You'll love the Superwinch and it really looks good when you're done with the installation!
See the picture on Post #15 of the following thread: Superwinch Install Guide

Here's another picture of a Superwinch Terra Synthetic install: See posts #3 & #4 on this thread: Superwinch Install

USFS Motorized Trail Maintenance Volunteer

Last edited by kentco; 05-31-2013 at 10:33 AM.

Lower Navigation
Go Back cvetitula.ru > Honda Model Specific Discussions > Honda Rancher

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the cvetitula.ru forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode