TRx250x smoke? Carb??? |
Honda TRX Discussions for the Honda TRX, 90, 250, 300, 400, 450, 700

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-21-2013, 08:58 PM Thread Starter

TRx250x smoke? Carb???

The drama continues with my 250x my potential buyer did not want the thing and so now im doing some more stuff to it tires, seat, etc.. It has a bit of smoke to it and its a whiteish color and smells almost gassy.. Is is time to rebuild my carb or the top end?? Maybe jetting the carb could help too? Please help!
Sponsored Links

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-21-2013, 09:08 PM Thread Starter

I will add i did use sea foam in the gas im pretty sure i pit a bit too much than what im supposed to add :/
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-23-2013, 12:27 AM
Super Moderator
Supporting Member

Liked: 55 times
Have you drained the tank??? Have you stuck something behind the exhaust to see what is actually causing the white color?? Have you inspected the oil for water?? WHitish smoke is usually condensation which should go away once the engine is fully warmed up,and the exhaust has burnt the condensation out...Light grey smoke is oil,the tell tale beginnings of oil consumption,and is usually caused by worn rings,bad valve seals,guides,worn cylinder...

FREE REPAIR MANUALS >> 1986-1992 trx350 parts for sale>>
Sponsored Links

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-23-2013, 06:58 AM Thread Starter

It smells more less like gas and only happens when i give it gas instead of letting off the gas i got great compression and my oil level doesnt go down so im hoping if i drain the tank and get another carb im planning to put a 400ex carb on it and a full hmf exhuast with disks for tuning so im hoping that will clear it up

Lower Navigation
Go Back > Honda Model Specific Discussions > Honda TRX

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode