86 TRX 250 Fourtrax Lift and Suspension | cvetitula.ru
Honda TRX Discussions for the Honda TRX, 90, 250, 300, 400, 450, 700

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-30-2017, 01:45 PM Thread Starter

Liked: 3 times
86 TRX 250 Fourtrax Lift and Suspension

Hello,

So I have an '86 TRX 250 Fourtrax and I've had it for a few years now. I'm always working on it, adding parts, replacing old parts with better parts, servicing it, fixing broken parts and what not. Since I first got it I have always wanted to replace the stock suspension for something better but I always get sidetracked or am low on funds. Now, I want to get better suspension for it. I do a lot of jumping and wheelies on my ATV too, so some good suspension would be nice. I also want to figure out how to lift it a couple of inches as I want to put new, bigger and more aggressive tires on it and wheel spacers too. So that being said, how would I lift it say 6 inches - 1 foot. I'd buy a lift kit but I can't seem to find one for it. Also, what do you recommend for new suspension? I want something that will go on easily because I have no welder or torches anymore as my grandfather sold his and I'm 15. Any info, pictures, suggestions would be great!

Thanks,
Storm

P.S. Probably going to a parts store tonight so I'm reposting the same thing as earlier in a different place to hopefully get quicker response.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name: IMG_4871.JPG
Views: 74
Size: 94.5 KB
ID: 64937 Click image for larger version

Name: IMG_4867.JPG
Views: 273
Size: 180.9 KB
ID: 64945 Click image for larger version

Name: IMG_5305.JPG
Views: 188
Size: 1.93 MB
ID: 64953 Click image for larger version

Name: IMG_5297.JPG
Views: 147
Size: 2.13 MB
ID: 64961

My Rides:

1986 Honda TRX250 Fourtrax
1985 Honda Z50R
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-30-2017, 02:19 PM
Supporting Member

Liked: 722 times
As far as I'm aware a lift of that size would be a big job and wouldn't be the cheapest option. You can buy a 2" lift from highlifter for about $30 I believe, wheel spacers are also readily available from most online quad spares shops etc.
I do know that 300ex shocks will fit a 300fw and also give a lift as well, they may fit a 250 but don't hold me to that.
In my honest opinion a lift of 6 to 12 inches would be to much, cost to much and would most certainly require some form of fabrication/welding. You would also need to extend the swing arm and have a new rear drive shaft made for a lift of that size, then there's a gear reduction to take into consideration to run larger tyres.

I'm sure some of the more knowledgeable guys will be along to add to this at some point and may be able to give you some more accurate advice.

98 300 Fourtrax 4x4

350D rear end
Trx250a cam
Rear brake delete
SuperATV front discs
2" suspension lift
1 front fender lift
1 rear fender lift
2" wheel spacers
Superwinch up front (custom mount)
Plasma (synthetic) rope
Pro Grip bar grips
Pro grip hand guards
1 1/2" bar risers
Floor boards
Custom snorkel
Extended silicone breathers
24"x 8" innova mud gears up front
24"x10" innova mud gears on rear
Custom rear tow point

85 TRX250 - The Wifes ride
No mods whatsoever.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-30-2017, 02:24 PM
Supporting Member

Liked: 722 times
Also, GET some MX body armour/chest protector if your doing wheelies! Your young, it's fun, I understand, I've been there! TRUST ME though, when (and you will) you fall off the back and that quad lands on you it really does hurt!

Stay safe and enjoy :-)

98 300 Fourtrax 4x4

350D rear end
Trx250a cam
Rear brake delete
SuperATV front discs
2" suspension lift
1 front fender lift
1 rear fender lift
2" wheel spacers
Superwinch up front (custom mount)
Plasma (synthetic) rope
Pro Grip bar grips
Pro grip hand guards
1 1/2" bar risers
Floor boards
Custom snorkel
Extended silicone breathers
24"x 8" innova mud gears up front
24"x10" innova mud gears on rear
Custom rear tow point

85 TRX250 - The Wifes ride
No mods whatsoever.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-14-2017, 10:39 AM

Liked: 6 times
Hand Guards

Hello Sinbin,

Any idea who made those handguards on your '86 or where I might find a set for my '93? Thank you

Lower Navigation
Go Back cvetitula.ru > Honda Model Specific Discussions > Honda TRX

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the cvetitula.ru forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode