2007 TRX450er Jetting | cvetitula.ru
Performance Modifications Have Modifications? Want to ask about a mod? Having problems with a certain mod? Ask and post here! Carbs, Exhausts, Engines, Etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-06-2013, 11:12 AM Thread Starter

2007 TRX450er Jetting

My quad will die if I'm riding and then come to a stop in gear, with the clutch in, unless I'm giving it gas. It will also bog out if I go from closed to open throttle at once.

I have a Whites brothers mx4 exhaust, Air box lid off, and the hole at the bottom of the air box is opened up, k&n air filter, I am in central oklahoma at about 1000' I think. What sized jets do you guys think I should have?

It would also take a while for it to start up, just, making the starter sound and not completely turning over. But I took the seat off to look at the airbox and it started right up with it off..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-06-2013, 04:06 PM

adjust air screw

2002 Honda TRX 400ex Sporttraxx
Big Gun slip on exhaust
black subframe
red A-arms, crankcase, other misc. bits
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-06-2013, 04:49 PM

Liked: 5 times
also set the idle screw.if it's creeping in gear you might want to adjust the clutch cable.what kind of oil are you running?is it full?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-06-2013, 06:51 PM Thread Starter

How should I adjust the air screw? I am running the Honda oil and it has a leak from the drain bolt I think, but it was still doing it when full. is the idle screw the black knob type thing? if so I have adjusted it.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-10-2013, 10:14 AM Thread Starter

I cleaned the air filter but I over oiled it so I'm letting it sit a while. I'm going to see how cleaning it affects it.. does anyone have any other ideas?
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-12-2013, 11:10 PM Thread Starter

So I got the carb off but all the screws are stripped.. but I checked the spark plug since everything was already off and it looked pretty black to me.. does this make since with the other problems I'm having?
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-13-2013, 11:36 AM

Liked: 4 times
yea i think its your air fuel misture screw it in all the way and back it out 2.5 turns, this should get you roughly in the right area.

Josh
2007 TRX 450R DWT, HMF, GBC, Houser, Jett, Vanilla Gorilla Racing, Ac, Wiseco, Hotcams, Jettrim, Glann Innovations, Sunstar, ProTaper, Alba, HRC
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-15-2013, 12:16 AM Thread Starter

I turned the fuel screw in with just my finger because I don't have the right tool but I could turn it in almost 2 and a half turns so I think that it was already around where it should be.. but it has a 148 main jet, 48 pilot/slow jet, and 75 starter jet. I was thinking I need to get a 180 or 185 main and I read that I may need to go down to a 45 on the pilot jet to keep it from dying when I stop and being so hard to start when its hot. What do you guys think about all that?
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-15-2013, 08:57 AM Thread Starter

I'm going to the shop in a little bit so if anyone has an input I would really appreciate it!
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-18-2014, 09:25 PM

I have a 08 trx 450er. Recently installed a hc2 and a big gun evo r slip on. When I ordered it all I bought a stage two dyno jet kit in a hurry. Manual states 4th clip on the needle and 128 main 1.5 on the air screw. Valve lash is in spec. Bike idles good and runs out great but just past half throttle sputters like it's hitting it's rev limiter. I've moved the needle to the 3 down and gone up with air fuel mix turned up still does. Spark plug was as white as could be after a 45 min ride last night

Lower Navigation
Go Back cvetitula.ru > Honda ATV Technical Discussions > Performance Modifications

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the cvetitula.ru forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode