need help with exhausts? | cvetitula.ru
Performance Modifications Have Modifications? Want to ask about a mod? Having problems with a certain mod? Ask and post here! Carbs, Exhausts, Engines, Etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-15-2010, 10:28 AM Thread Starter

need help with exhausts?

i am wanting to buy a new exhaust for my trx450r its an 05 and its bone stock is there a good exhaust that will give me power and torque

99 400ex
mods:
k&n airfilter
HMF slip on exhaust
itp front tires
razr rear tires
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-15-2010, 11:21 AM

Rossier, Dasa, HMF even FMF are good systems. If you do put an exhaust system on you might as well go and replace the air filter and pop the air lid off or buy a K&N powerlid. Make sure you re-jet your quad though. I am a personal fan of HMF and would have bought one when I upgraded but I didn't know enough at the time and went with a lexx system (which I am happy with).

2008 TRX400ex

42 pilot jet
Stage 2 Dynojet kit
K&N Powerlid
Lexx MXe slip on
Armadillo full body and swing arm skid plates.
450r front suspension

Dan in VA

post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-15-2010, 01:02 PM

Get a dasa or a rossier best pipes on the market. they are dyno proven. from what i have heard the rossier works better with the 04-05 450r.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-15-2010, 05:36 PM

Liked: 10 times
DASA all the way!!

recently sold 07 TRX 450ER 14/1 CP piston/ +1 valves intake & exhaust/ 208 web cam/ High Rev valve springs/ potred & polished/bored carb by DASA/ DASA Classic exhaust / Leagers +2 MX Lt a-arms/ Ohlins Lt front & Fox Podium X DSC Rear shock and LSR DC-6 linkage/LSR duel row carrier/ lsr Axcaliber Pro axle/ Pro Armor skid & rear bumper/ Hiper Bead locks/ Quadcross Pro's/ Houser +1 stem/ Precision stablizer / Pro Taper Fat bars/ ASV levers/ Quadtech hump seat. My trail ride is a 07 GRIZZLY 700 !
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-16-2010, 03:03 PM

rossier works better on the 04-05 450r's bc the dont have as much compression ast the newer ones and it is dyno proven that the rossier gives the 04 05 more hp and trq than any other pipes on the market. they bumped up the compression on the 06+ 450r's bc they saw it didnt have that great compression. they newer ones have more hp b/c of the compression bump hope this helps.
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-16-2010, 03:04 PM

and go ahead and get you a jet kit and a big gun rev box. it is good combination with a full pipe
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-20-2010, 08:02 AM Thread Starter

ill check on the rossier soon and what jet should i use and what clip should i move to

99 400ex
mods:
k&n airfilter
HMF slip on exhaust
itp front tires
razr rear tires
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-21-2010, 01:55 PM

Send a message via AIM to 02TRX300EX
Quote:
Originally Posted by adams420ex View Post
and go ahead and get you a jet kit and a big gun rev box. it is good combination with a full pipe
Not to butt into this guys thread, but what is a stock 02 300ex rpm's set at?
I read some where that it was 7,000rpms but i have a small engine tach on mine it has a fmf exhaust and a k&n filter and i had it at 8,550 in fith gear.
Could it have a different revbox?

Thanks
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-26-2010, 01:01 AM Thread Starter

i think ill just buy the rossier and just leave the jets stock and get a uni airfilter

99 400ex
mods:
k&n airfilter
HMF slip on exhaust
itp front tires
razr rear tires
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-26-2010, 09:11 AM
Super Moderator
Supporting Member

Liked: 5 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randypogue View Post
i think ill just buy the rossier and just leave the jets stock and get a uni airfilter
You will blow up your motor. Jetting is not an upgrade, jetting is required to keep your air/fuel ratio correct.

Don't waste your money on a new CDI until you upgrade your cam. It is wasted money and you actually lose power on top.

Thank you to my 2012 Sponsors:
Dynamic Graphics, Inc.
Aurora Honda
LoneStar Racing
Leatt
Fox Shox
HondaATVForums.NET

Lower Navigation
Go Back cvetitula.ru > Honda ATV Technical Discussions > Performance Modifications

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the cvetitula.ru forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode