lexx mxe exhaust? | cvetitula.ru
Performance Modifications Have Modifications? Want to ask about a mod? Having problems with a certain mod? Ask and post here! Carbs, Exhausts, Engines, Etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-31-2011, 08:15 PM Thread Starter

lexx mxe exhaust?

ok i posted a thread on here asking which exhaust would be better. but i want to know if i get the lexx mxe exhaust and a uni airfilter will i still have to jet my bike cuz people said if you get a uni its just like running stock. and the exhaust is 200 bucks and if any body has ran one on there bike and can tell me how good it is that would be great to. THANKS

99 400ex
mods:
k&n airfilter
HMF slip on exhaust
itp front tires
razr rear tires
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-01-2011, 07:16 AM

Liked: 4 times
anytime you start messing around with how the wheeler sucks air into the carb and how the engine spits it out, the amount of air flowing through the machine changes. also 400exs come from the factory on the lean side. a uni does flow more than stock. in your stock air filter you have that backfire screen. take some time to strip the machine down, and about 20 minutes to install a jet kit. you will be a lot happier with the performance of your current setup. I GUARANTEE IT
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-01-2011, 07:17 AM

oh, the lexx pipe sounds awesome either corked up for dB sensitive trails, and uncorked. adds good low end especially with a jet kit............................................... ...................................
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-01-2011, 01:31 PM
Super Moderator
Supporting Member

Liked: 26 times
I agree. Anytime you change airflow through the engine, you need to rejet to keep the correct air/fuel ratio. If your engine is moving more air through it, you have to have more fuel or you will be running lean.

Most 4-wheeler problems are caused by a loose nut connecting the handlebars and the seat!!

You only need two tools in life -- WD-40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move and should, use the WD-40. If it shouldn't move and does, use the duct tape.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-01-2011, 04:54 PM

If you run the lexx pipe you can only use the stock header.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-01-2011, 05:40 PM

Liked: 7 times
However you word it, if it's a NON FACTORY air filter, or exhaust the bike MUST be REJETTED.

82' 200 84' 200s 85' 250sx 86' 350x 86' ATC250r
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-01-2011, 07:04 PM Thread Starter

ok is the dyno jet kit any good at all my dad said i shouldnt jet it cuz i do keep the airbox lid on and never take it off only if i clean out the box or airfilter.

99 400ex
mods:
k&n airfilter
HMF slip on exhaust
itp front tires
razr rear tires
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-01-2011, 07:29 PM

You really have to rejet. If you dont besides running like crap odds are you will be running to lean. When you run lean you can easily cook your piston. If you have the stock 38 pilot try a 152 main jet and the fuel adjustment screw 3.5 turns from lightly seated. If you want to remove the air box lid go up to a 42 pilot, 158 main, fuel screw screw 2.5 turns out. For both the needle stays on the 3rd clip. These jets have worked well year round on 400ex I have worked on. BTW Iam at 1500 feet. The 400 is choked up and lean from the factory. You should be happy with a pipe and filter.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-01-2011, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgar View Post
If you run the lexx pipe you can only use the stock header.
that is UNTRUE. i had the lexx pipe coupled with a FMF powerbomb header. it fit and worked great together on my 05 EX
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-01-2011, 08:28 PM

also according to dynojet if you are running the air box lid, you should run the dyno jet 146, which for a keihin jet translates to a 160 main. you really should just pull your carb off and slap a new jet in and be done with the wondering

Lower Navigation
Go Back cvetitula.ru > Honda ATV Technical Discussions > Performance Modifications

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the cvetitula.ru forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode