honda part? no honda,red wing, genuine, anywhere | cvetitula.ru
Repair & Maintenance Having problems? Doing a rebuild? All Repair/Maintenance Discussions here.

3Likes
  • 1 Post By LedFTed
  • 1 Post By subzerosoundman
  • 1 Post By LedFTed
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-12-2018, 10:42 PM Thread Starter

Liked: 22 times
honda part? no honda,red wing, genuine, anywhere

got a ecu from bike bandit. this already posted on my other thread. i could not change the title once more, so im re-posting. the picture of the part, looked like what i wanted. same micro-fish, same part numbers from many sites. i bought it from bike bandit. there is no reference anywhere to honda on the ecu i got, or, on the box's the part came with. without that, the item is not like it was described in the picture, of the part. am i wrong? i have gotten many parts before, that came with honda packaging. honda is there, in red, an genuine parts, honda motor co., even made in japan.. i think they might have gave me a knockoff. i could be wrong, but i get a very bad vibe.
Goober likes this.

i have clymers manual, service manual. thanks on the service manual
" what a good giff, the good lord gee us, not to see ourselves, as others see us" Scottish proverb
"sometimes, when drinking 5 or 6 bud's, nipping JB cinnamon in between, i start thinking sideways.
i have to though, to match the way i walk" / /> "the difference between stupidity and genius is; Genius can be measured" Albert Einstein

2000 450es TRX
2 grass hogs 4x4s
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-13-2018, 03:50 AM

Liked: 2432 times
Garage
Was the price a OEM price or cheaper ?
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-13-2018, 10:11 AM
Gold Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Liked: 453 times
These sellers will often advertise “OEM replacement” and at first blush you’ll think OEM. Depends on their return policy whether you’re stuck with it.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-15-2018, 09:56 PM Thread Starter

OEM price and, maybe sum

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishfiles View Post
Was the price a OEM price or cheaper ?
the price was $205. honda east had it for 2 dollars cheaper at the time. east didnt have it in stock, so i understood from conversion an that it would take many days to get such part, an ship it.
the box from bike bandit was 2'x2', it had another box in side that was 12"x10.5". the box inside did have a [honda sticker, made in the usa] on the outside, plus other shipping stickers. it just seemed screwy to me. turns out the other company, vey's power-sports of lemon grove, ca. is merging with bike bandit, also of california, or some fact similarly there of. there was a name on the ECU i got, elesys. after a couple days, i managed to find,, Honda Elesys Co. Ltd., [Yocohama, Japan]. they had/have branches across the globe including usa. they sold their shares to Nidec. it may just be called Nidecelesys.
i hope this thread wasnt just a bunch of who-do, about nothing on my part.. its just, who do you trust anymore...when it comes to parts, or sales.

" what a good giff, the good lord gee us, not to see ourselves, as others see us" Scottish proverb
"sometimes, when drinking 5 or 6 bud's, nipping JB cinnamon in between, i start thinking sideways.
i have to though, to match the way i walk" / /> "the difference between stupidity and genius is; Genius can be measured" Albert Einstein

2000 450es TRX
2 grass hogs 4x4s

Last edited by LedFTed; 01-16-2018 at 07:16 PM.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-16-2018, 03:30 PM

Liked: 8 times
The ECU, which is called the Change Control Unit in the parts diagram for some reason,
was first made by NEC for Honda. That was the 38910-HN0-A11 for 98-00 Foremans.
Then NEC and Honda formed a joint venture called Elesys Corp. that made the
38910-HN0-A12 for 2001 Foremans which was backwards compatible and a substitute
for the A11. A few years ago Elesys split off from Honda and Nec to be part of Nidec.

Several online stores sell it for about $250, but bikebandit has it for $215.
Ebay sometimes has used ones for $100-150.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name: ForemanECUA12for98-01.jpg
Views: 9
Size: 35.5 KB
ID: 106641 Click image for larger version

Name: ForemanECUA11for98-00.jpg
Views: 14
Size: 181.2 KB
ID: 106649
Goober likes this.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-16-2018, 07:30 PM Thread Starter

control unit price

i hit the wrong button. it was $202 at honda east, then shipping. bike bandit had christmas discount, and free shipping over $200. so i got the part for $205. bike bandit was supposed to have 2 in stock, i figured it would arrive quicker. it was probably about the same in the long run. i might have to quit figuring. \hillbilly ciphering, Jethro/.
had i known about elesys, i would not have posted this thread, or the other one. perhaps i can research honda atv history, and learn more about the subject.
Goober likes this.

2000 450es TRX
2 grass hogs 4x4s

Last edited by LedFTed; 01-17-2018 at 12:11 AM.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-17-2018, 12:13 AM
Gold Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Liked: 453 times
It’s all good Ted. worth it

Lower Navigation
Go Back cvetitula.ru > Honda ATV Technical Discussions > Repair & Maintenance

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the cvetitula.ru forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode