trx500fe idle | cvetitula.ru
Repair & Maintenance Having problems? Doing a rebuild? All Repair/Maintenance Discussions here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old Today, 11:47 AM Thread Starter

trx500fe idle

Hey everyone new here my first post so bear with me plz. I have a 2006 trx500fe foreman the problem I'm having is after the engine warms up. The idle just randomly takes off and starts reving higher "" until I shut the motor off. Start it back up then its fine for a few then it will happen again. This is only happening when its not in gear. It has never done it in gear. Yes I should be looking for a intake leak but its only after the motor warms up. Things expand when they warm up so I don't think its a base gasket or anything like that. But ive been wrong before lol. Any help would be great thanks. Electric shift if that matters
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old Today, 11:58 AM

Liked: 907 times
Welcome to the forum. I was going to say intake leak.

Spray some starter fluid around the intake boot and see if it speeds up.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old Today, 02:50 PM

Liked: 8 times
Look at the post a month or two ago:
Increasing RPMs

It may be your pilot screw needs adjustment.
Common on Chinese carbs, but also happens on OEM carbs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old Today, 03:13 PM

Liked: 248 times
There is almost certainly a lean condition. I would guess a dirty pilot jet. Engines do not require as much fuel when hot as they do cold. The idle has probably been turned up to compensate for a low or erratic idle due to fuel starvation. I'd clean the complete carb just to be thorough.

Lower Navigation
Go Back cvetitula.ru > Honda ATV Technical Discussions > Repair & Maintenance

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the cvetitula.ru forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode