Mayhems + STI HD Beadlocks - first major upgrade | cvetitula.ru
Wheels & Tires Trying to upgrade the stock Wheels or Tires on your ATV? Post here! Fitment questions, sizes, brands, whatever.

1Likes
  • 1 Post By Bubba89
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 08-25-2015, 06:41 AM Thread Starter

Liked: 9 times
Mayhems + STI HD Beadlocks - first major upgrade

I know this isn't primarily a picture forum, but I have to rave about the wheel and tire package I recently installed on my 2015 Rancher. I had a chance to ride yesterday, and it literally made a complete, 100%, 180-degree...however you describe it...change in handling, traction, and comfort.

I almost ordered a 25x8x12/25x10x12 STI HD + Maxxis Zilla package, but thankfully the order fell through with the retailer (not going to mention it here because I don't like to throw stones). What I ended up getting from Rocky Mountain ATV (much better shopping experience with RM) was the same wheel - STI HD Beadlock in matte black - but I opted instead for the ITP Mayhems in 26x9x12 (front) and 26x11x12 (rear). I'm very pleased that I went with the extra width and height tires, even if it did come with the expense of a bit more weight. Honestly, lugging the old ones off and putting the new ones on wasn't a huge difference. Definitely heavier, but not "heavy" if that makes sense. And with the beadlock, I have more peace of mind rolling over the terrain in our area.

What a difference! My Rancher handles much easier and at times I could swear I had power steering. If you're wondering if the 26" wheels made a noticeable difference in available power (due to the heavier tire), the answer is no. In fact, because of the increase in stability and traction, I believe the power is much more efficiently applied to the ground. I could be wrong, but that's the impression I got. Anyway, here's how they look.

The first picture is the before shot, the other two are after. You'll also notice a new Kawell light bar and a Kolpin cargo bag.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name: IMG_3413.JPG
Views: 359
Size: 1.16 MB
ID: 25219 Click image for larger version

Name: IMG_3440.JPG
Views: 958
Size: 1.02 MB
ID: 25220 Click image for larger version

Name: IMG_3443.JPG
Views: 282
Size: 1.20 MB
ID: 25221

Last edited by Preacher; 08-25-2015 at 07:25 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 08-25-2015, 08:30 PM

Liked: 1 times
Good looking bike
Preacher likes this.

Lower Navigation
Go Back cvetitula.ru > Honda ATV Technical Discussions > Wheels & Tires

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the cvetitula.ru forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode