BKT wing tire dilemma | cvetitula.ru
Wheels & Tires Trying to upgrade the stock Wheels or Tires on your ATV? Post here! Fitment questions, sizes, brands, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-29-2010, 09:49 PM Thread Starter

Liked: 301 times
Arrow BKT wing tire dilemma

hi guys i have ran into a little dilemma,
i currently run 2 24-10 11's BKT wing W207's on my 98 foreman. i absolutely love them. although just last week i had the left rear break off of the bead. and the right one has now gone flat. i purchased them from a friend and they are weatherchecked. but not to the point where i am too concerned. they ran great for 4 months until last week.
i have two options, and this is where i could use some advice. BKT wing W207 tires were discontinued and they are extremely hard to find in the size i need. i found some online for $80 a piece. i am stuck between buying all 4, or saving $160 and buying just the fronts.
what do you guys think i should do? should i just go with new tires all around or save some $$$ and just purchase 2. currently the wing tires i own now still have roughly 75% tread left. any advice would be appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-29-2010, 10:33 PM
Super Moderator
Supporting Member

Liked: 3 times
I would start with something new.
Is your quad a 4X4?
I am sure there is another tire out there you will like.
Welcome to the family!

NEVER TAKE A SLEEPING PILL AND A LAXATIVE IN THE SAME NIGHT!

Equal opportunity offender.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-29-2010, 10:37 PM
Super Moderator
Supporting Member

Liked: 26 times
Welcome to the forums.

Most 4-wheeler problems are caused by a loose nut connecting the handlebars and the seat!!

You only need two tools in life -- WD-40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move and should, use the WD-40. If it shouldn't move and does, use the duct tape.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-29-2010, 11:30 PM Thread Starter

it is a 4x4. and i guess i could go with something new i just really like how the w207 does in the terrain i ride. but my dad just picked up a set of swamp fox tires for his foreman and he has had good luck with them. i can pick those up for 280 free shipping. i should just do that
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-29-2010, 11:37 PM
Super Moderator
Supporting Member

Liked: 3 times
What type of terrain do you ride? I like the ITP Mudlite. Just put an inner tube in the tire and wear them out.

NEVER TAKE A SLEEPING PILL AND A LAXATIVE IN THE SAME NIGHT!

Equal opportunity offender.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-30-2010, 07:54 AM

Here is a similarily treaded tire...

post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-30-2010, 06:05 PM Thread Starter

i ride on mostly dirt, some mud, lots of snow. and the w207 do a great job.after thinking more on it i am going to buy 2 new fronts. it will save me $160, and i'm strapped for cash. i had bearclaws on an old fourtrax i had and they did good. i for some reason, just love the w207's
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-30-2010, 10:12 PM

Liked: 1 times
welcome to the forum manny
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-01-2011, 02:30 PM Thread Starter

well guys i took the tires to the tire shop, had them regreased and had them clean the rims up and seat the bead. they seem good so far. i ended up buying two new wing tires on tires by web.com $172 shipped to my door. not bad in my opinion. cant wait to get them.
on a side note, if anyone is searching for a place on the web that has good deals, tiresbyweb.com is awesome. Free shipping and fair prices.

Lower Navigation
Go Back cvetitula.ru > Honda ATV Technical Discussions > Wheels & Tires

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the cvetitula.ru forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode